We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Disney Resort.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Disney Resort.

We are a family of four, two boys that will be almost 9 and one that will be 10 this June when visiting Blizzard Beach and DisneyQuest. I am thinking of booking a room at the Holiday Inn Downtown Disney in a room with a balcony facing DD. The rate for the room is 169 a night and we would be staying for two nights. Should I stick with that or is there something better that I am missing.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

I forgot to mention that the price includes breakfast and parking and no resort fee. We will already have a rental car since we will be staying at the beach for a week prior.

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

We just came back from a similar vacation in October.

DH and I bought annual passes to the waterparks and DisneyQuest for only $130 each.

They are good until next October 7 and we are going back in May to do it all again for even less money than the first time since our tickets are already paid for. :)

We went to Typhoon Lagoon once, Blizzard Beach twice, and Disney Quest 3 times during our 5 day stay at the Orlando Courtyard Suites in Kissimmee.

We paid $69 a night (total- no extra fees) for a lovely one bedroom king suite with full kitchen with granite counter tops and dishwasher, living room with queen sofa bed flat screen tv, easy chair, free wi-fi, washer and dryer, jacuzzi tub with shower, free parking- all of this 4 miles from Blizzard Beach and a little further from DTD. Took us no more than 10 minutes to get anywhere.

Orlando Courtyard Suites is not a resort- no resort amenities or special views, but for us it was perfect- simply a nice safe place to stay with the specific things we need.

All our resort amenities were at the water parks :)

Our suite was quite lovely and we were able to save a ton of money on food by fixing a quick breakfast in our suite and packing a lunch in a soft cooler bag which we then took into the park with us. We spent $40 at the grocery store 2 miles away, and the hotel is extremely close to all the restaurants on W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway- tons of great restaurants.

You can read my full trip report here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k583680…

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,396 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

Its not a great price but not too bad considering what they are including. I would look at the Hilton DTD because they offer the EMH which is a nice perk. But the Holiday Inn is very nice and the transportation is pretty good.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

JT 1837, thanks for the info! Where do I get an annual pass for DisneyQuest? I already have the waterpark annual pass..

disfaninnyc, we have stayed at the Hilton before, I thought about the EMH, but I don't think it would include us since we are just doing the waterparks on the weekend and DisneyQuest. We won't be using the transportation since we have a car and prefer driving. Thanks for the info though.

I was thinking of the Holiday Inn, Best Western, or Doubletree especially because of the balconies. Not that it is a must, but it is a nice perk for me.

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

JT, I looked up Orlando Courtyard Suites and about 15 different hotels came up, not sure which one it was you were talking about.

pa
Level Contributor
54,196 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

There is a Disney Quest AP, $94.79 , a Waterpark AP, $.106.45 and also a Waterparks & Disney Quest AP, $137.37

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

This is the one: http://orlando-courtyard-suites.com/

And this morning I am unhappily surprised that my $49 a night price for May that I checked on Tuesday has gone UP in just two days...

Still a great deal at $53 a night + tax

Our last stay was done through Hotels.com and was $69 (including tax/fees) per night.

If a balcony is a must for you, the only view from a balcony you get at OCS is one of the still being renovated courtyard and the balconies across the way.

Each person has different things that are important to them but balconies aren't it for me- just a place to dry a swimsuit, lol.

As far as the tickets go, we bought ours at the ticket office at Typhoon Lagoon. They should be able to sell you a DQ ticket at any WDW ticket location.

Denmark
Level Contributor
12,304 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/downtown/#discounts

scroll down to the bottom of this pages link to see the prices very nice if You asks me

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

partypa, can I get these on the Disney World website or at the front gates or where?

JT, I just re-read your post and saw where you said I could get tickets at the gates. I haven't seen them on the website, it would be nice to get them now instead of waiting. Thanks for the hotel link, it looks nice. If the room is nice and the price is lower, the balcony does not have to be a must, it is just a perk if I am comparing hotels and they are around the same price. I have been spoiled with them though the last couple of trips. Speaking of prices going up, I already had my flight booked as of a few days ago and last night the price went up. Curious if it will stay up and keep going up or go back down. Last summer it just kept going up.

Thanks Mutter for the link!

As of right now I have the Holiday Inn, Downtown Disney booked. I did not want to lose the room, I can always cancel and book somewhere else. For $168 it includes breakfast for all of us, no parking fee, no resort fee, a balcony with a view of Downtown Disney. I thought it would be exciting for the boys to be able to see it from our room.

Gatineau, Canada
Level Contributor
338 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown Disney Resort.

Hi! I stayed at the Best Western DTD this summer. It was clean, the rooms were large, and very convenient shuttle buses to all Disney sites, including the waterparks. I'm not sure what the prices are, you should check them out online as it varies season to season. We had an upper floor room, with a DTD view, and a balcony.