We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

Phila
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

Hi. I am going to Orlando for the first time Christmas week. It is just my boyfriend and I (we are both in our 40's). We plan on spending 1 day at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. I would like to see the Electric Parade at Disney and then the fireworks at the Castle. But the Osborne Family Lights also looks really awesome!!! So which is better?? Is the electric parade not that all great? Do you have to claim your spot for the parade a few hours before it starts? I'm short so I do not see well over people! lol! Thank you for any advice!

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

Osborbone starts early...maybe you have time to do both? (if you have the hoper option..)

If I had to choose would pick Osborne because it´s so unique and Christmassy!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

If you are hopping, you should be able to do both. I'd probably start at MK, go to HS and stay until they start (around 6), then go back to MK and stay until closing. Count on 30 minutes to an hour enjoying the lights plus exiting the park and travel time.

florida
Level Contributor
204 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

as others said, you may be able to do both. but if you can do only one, make it the osbourne lights. its just amazing and so christmassy

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

Osborne lights is a must, brilliant just wished it lasted longer.

It does get very crowded when the lightes are on.

ajg

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

If you don't have a hopper and can only do one then do the Osborne Lights and Fantasmic at DHS. If you've got a hopper then do both parks.

Scotland
Level Contributor
4,426 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

Osborne Lights are fantastic and easy to watch, given you just stand in the street and its all over every building and above.

The electric parade is ok, nice to see, but you do need to grab a spot early. I actually couldn;t find anywhere last christmas for the early electric parade, but a staff member confirmed half the people leave after that one and sure enough, the 11 o'clock parade was much quieter (was it 11pm or 10pm? can't remember).

The Christmas Wishes fireworks and castle projections were a real highlight - truly stunning and emotional.

Osborne Lights are great, but the fireworks and projection show at MK edge it for me.

One last word, I posted here last Christmas something I found quite surprising... I did every park last year at Xmas and by far the best, most christmassy and with the best entertainment and lights was Seaworld (at night).... fantastic.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
12,963 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

We were at Sea World last Christmas/New Year as well McHaggis......... Awesome wasn't it ? We went three times :-):-):-)

Anyway, to answer the original OP...............

Both if you possibly can......... If not, they are both great, maybe Osbourne just has the edge, for us........

But only just though ;-);-);-);-)

Phila
Level Contributor
110 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

Thank you so much for all the great info! Maybe we will start off at MK, go to Hollywood and then back to MK for the fireworks at least. I think I'm ok for not seeing the Electric Parade but I would like to see the firework and the castle lit up at night. We are also going to Seaworld too :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

If you do try to fit in the Electric Parade as well it is much easier to get a spot if you head over into Frontierland. For the parade itself you don't need to be in view of the castle. Then for the castle projection show and fireworks head on over towards the area in front of the castle - don't need a "front row" for that.

The Epcot fireworks are awesome as well - they have a special holiday section added at the end of the show right now (we were there last week). You can make it there via monorail after the MK fireworks (helps if you are near the MK entrance watching the fireworks). I wish Hollywood Studios was open later so you could go to see the lights there after the fireworks at the other parks!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,525 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Osborne Family Lights or Electric Parade & Fireworks

Magic Kingdom Wishes and Epcot IllumiNations in the same night is not usually possible, and won't be Christmas week. Wishes at 10 and IllumiNations at 9:30 or 10:30 depending on the day makes it impossible. Illuminations is typically at 9 when Epcot closes pretty much every day of the year except the holidays. With Wishes typically at 8, 9, or 10 it's nearly impossible to do both with the travel time involved. The good news is the Electrical Parade will be on at times before AND after the fireworks. With fireworks at 10, you have plenty of time to enjoy the Osborne lights and get to MK to enjoy both things there.