We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot & Magic Kingdom

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
K M
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Epcot & Magic Kingdom

My husband and I (23 &25) coming to Orlando for just over a week. So far we have planned on Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach or typhoon lagoon, Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Seaworld and Discovery cove.

I have planned all of them for one day each, however now I read Epcot and MK probably need two day. Can we do it in 1 day or do we need 2 days for each?

We are not much of a "looker", unless there is something happening, we usually walk on by. We would rather do something or ride something then observe. DH is a bit of a sci-fi man and I am an Science/animal lover.

Can we do them in one day each or should we do two? We can do two however we will have to eliminate our Los Angeles portion of our holiday.

TIA!

Boxborough...
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

When are you arriving in Orlando? If crowds aren't too large and you arrive before the park opens, you can see/do most everything in a day. Your list is impressive and may be too ambitious.

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,417 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

It really does depend on the time of year you are going. Off season, it would be tight but doable, especially doing the major attractions. It will be hard if it's busy. I suggest you look into purchasing "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disneyworld" by Sehlinger. It's one of the best guides and in the back they have touring guides for doing MK or Epcot in one day.

K M
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

Thanks guys. Sudlow: why do you say it might be too ambitious?

We are planning on being there after the 6th Jan 2014. Not sure on specific dates yet.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

Hello!

During the Fall/Winter seasons, Disney closes one water park at a time for "refurbishment". Now through January 5th Typhoon Lagoon is closed, and January 6th through March 16th Blizzard Beach will be closed. I don't know the dates for 2014-15, but the schedule will be similar I'd imagine. This is something to think about as it will free up one of the days you have planned.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/

bristol UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

you sound like us,,, not big on rides but we did them if they looked fun and not too scary and the queue was right.... we did IOA and Universal in one day and it was fine... saved going up there again... we went to epcot twice but once in the day and once at about 7pm for 2 hours to do the food festival again and see the fireworks but you can do it in one day. We did hollywood studios on a sunday it was the hoteest day (Nov 3rd) we had and everyone seemed to be there, we stayed for 2 hours and left. We seemed to have seen most of it and it was fun but next time we will go for longer, like my husband said.... go see it but don't kill yourselves and save something to see next time. PS Busch gardens was ACE! just a thought x

bristol UK
Level Contributor
72 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

ps hun... don't delete LA... we went to Miami for two days as well and it was the best bit xxx

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,213 posts
1,638 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

Even in low season we felt Epcot was better done over 2 days.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,836 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

Both Parks are easy to to do in a day MK can be done with a nice Lunch break fitted in ,and Epcot is a doddle to do ,leave the lands untill PM then finish with the fireworks (the best of all the parks ) I know some people who can do both Epcot and MK on the same day if you havnt got kids.

K M
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

Hmmm ok :) Big decision!!

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
984 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot & Magic Kingdom

I think you can do one day each, especially with careful planning. Make sure that you arrive at opening. Use the FastPasses and the ride wait apps to maximize your time. Figure out which high demand, low-capacity rides you really want to do. (Example--do any Fantasyland rides you want early in MK, as well as Soarin' in Epcot)

For a science lover, there is a tiny attraction in Epcot that is often missed. At Innoventions, Raytheon sponsors "The Sum of All Thrills", in which you design your own roller coaster experience and then ride it in a simulator. My teen loved it.

It's easier to think of Epcot as two parks, Future World and World Showcase. Plan to do Future World in the morning and World Showcase in the evening.

Good luck with your planning!