We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opening time at magic kingdom

Lincoln, California
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
opening time at magic kingdom

We are going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow

(1 day only) and I was wondering how early we have to be there to see the gates open? Is there a little show that is put on before it opens? thanks!

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
1,882 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opening time at magic kingdom

It looks like the park opens at 9AM - I can't find anything about the opening program but I have seen it and we generally get to the gates about 30 minutes prior to opening. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful than that.

Colorado Springs, CO
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: opening time at magic kingdom

Leave your resort by 8am. Be at the gates by 8:40. Be sure to stand where you have a clear view of the train platform.

Dublin
Level Contributor
794 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: opening time at magic kingdom

I was there a few weeks ago (over Easter), and found something interesting.

We got to the TTC at 08.20, but if you were a day guest you were held just below the ramps for the monorails/boats till 08:40, and then allowed to board with everyone else.

All resort guests were allowed to go onto the park without queuing.

Got to the main gates for 9am along with all other day-guests.

When we went 2 years ago at the same time, we were allowed to progress to the main enterance where we were held, but we were able to see a fantastic show when the train and all the characters arrived in.

We were very dissapointed not to see the same this year. This 'show' is now restricted to resort guests only. Or maybe that is just at Easter?

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: opening time at magic kingdom

If Disney says opening is at 9:00, I'd not be arriving any later than 8:15.They will get you processed through the gate and you'll be standing on Main St. waiting for the STAMPEDE.