We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

york
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

Just back from an amazing time in Florida. We stayed at the Coronado Springs in cabana 8a and all was brilliant for the first few days until the pop warner cheerleaders turned up. It turned the place into butlins, all night long was shouting, screaming, banging doors etc. I didn't really bother me but we have two young children who were kept awake till 2am when my wife asked one of the adults with them to try and keep the noise down she was just given a mouthful of abuse.

The next morning we asked reception if we could be moved to another part of the resort out of their way as we were the only family in the 8a block the rest were pop warner and were told that the were all over the resort but they would see what they could do.

We went back to the room and within 20 minutes we got a call from guest relations asking if we could pack our bags as they would like to move us to the Polynesian resort for the rest of our holiday.

So a very big thank you to Disney as we did not for one minute think that would happen but they all were so helpful.

pa
Level Contributor
54,372 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

How awful a few can ruin it for all :(

But how Swell of Disney to make things right

Hope you enjoyed the Poly :)

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

Some people have no regard for anyone else, but what a result to be transferred to the Poly :)

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,504 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

That's good to hear you got moved!!!

But it is a shame, I think that always happens when you get those youth groups (cheerleaders, the teams, etc.). A friend of mine went once with the kick line from our high school, she said the girls were out of control and running around all hours of the night being noisy.

If anyone goes the first week of December and stays on site, you should check where the kids will be staying.

Thanks for telling us this :)

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

Holy cow...what a great inconvenience!! ;+))

Hope you enjoyed the Poly!

London
Level Contributor
328 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

"It didn't really bother me" ? Yer right! Great result for you and your family. Good on them for doing the right thing.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

Disney was forced to do the right thing as they should have warned you about what you had booked yourself into. I have to say that this was the first time that I heard about cheerleaders being in a moderate, so I am glad they put you in a first class resort as penance on their part.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,855 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

And shame on the adult with them who didn't have an ounce of compassion but just the opposite ... the entire group should be reported to whoever is responsible for arranging the cheer event.

york
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

To be fair most of them were fine, just over excited kids but there was some that spoilt it. It was the attitude of the adults supposed to be supervising them. The resort security had their work cut out herding them back to the rooms.

Our main concern was for our kids after a full day in the parks they needed to sleep ( I could sleep through a hurricane )

We didn't complain just asked if we could be moved to a quieter part

Again I can't praise Disney enough as within an hour we were packed, moved and checked into the Polynesian which was fantastic, even though we had enjoyed the Coronado Springs just as much.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,982 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

Great result! Pop Warner has been using the moderates. Disney can't control who wins a championship, they have no way of knowing behavior before hand.

Va
Level Contributor
11,201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pop Warner Nightmare...but a big thank you to Disney

Not sure i would say 'how Swell of Disney'. I would say how horrible of Disney for putting you in the middle of that madness. They know full well the complaints that are generated from that event and shouldn't have surrounded you with them.