We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Happy Disney Fourth of July?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A Happy Disney Fourth of July?

So we had friends over last night and I was invited to join in on a Disney trip over Independence Day week! Their granddaughter is attending a dance competition there and I've been asked to play tour guide :-)

I don't know if I'm excited or nervous! Has anyone been that week lately? I think it's been over a decade since I was at WDW in July!

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,944 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Happy Disney Fourth of July?

July is too hot, humid, and busy for me. I can get hot and humid at home in July.

I'm sure you will make a fine tour guide and have a great time. As a guide, make sure everybody drinks plenty of water.

Edited: 10 December 2012, 12:38
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A Happy Disney Fourth of July?

I did July 3rd at MK 3 years ago, arriving around 6pm, and got way more done than I would have ever expected. Just a reminder that MK does their fireworks both the 3rd and 4th, so you can get a double dose of Disney 4th festivities if you want and go to MK on the 3rd and Epcot or HS on the 4th. We typically avoid Summer and other peak times. Did do MK during Easter week this year and had similar good results despite the crowds. I think when you know the layout, the offerings, and how to use FP you can manage fine.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Happy Disney Fourth of July?

Actually, I believe this year because of the "Limited Time Magic" promotion July 4th fireworks will be shown at the MK all week long.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: A Happy Disney Fourth of July?

Hi, myself and my boyfriend were in Magic kingdom for the 4th of July last year, we arrived early, just after opening, and managed to do all the main rides by midday, then relaxed for a few hours, and got some good seats for the fireworks later that night. It was crazy busy for the fireworks, if I had kids with me I wouldn't be letting them out of my sight!

Overall though, I found it very manageable and expected it to be much worse. That being said, we are both in our twenties with no kids in tow :)

Also, I didn't find the weather to be that much of an issue, we got food and relaxed at the hottest time of day and that worked out fine for me. I should mention we are from Ireland, so definitely not accustomed to hot weather :)

New York
Level Contributor
458 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Happy Disney Fourth of July?

I always go to Disney in July and, yes, it is very hot and humid, just don't go crazy. we typically go early morning and stay until early afternoon and then go back to the hotel. you can always re-enter the parks later that day. I am going July 4 week too, next year, but I won't stay for fireworks as, believe it or not, my girls don't like the disney fire works (surprise!!)

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: A Happy Disney Fourth of July?

We'll be coming from south Louisiana and so will just be trading one hot and humid place for another hot and humid place ;-)

I don't know what the competition schedule will be like but I definitely will try to convince everyone to hit the parks as early as we can. I guess a small part of me was hoping to hear that early July had lost some of its popularity!

Thanks!

7. Re: A Happy Disney Fourth of July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:16