We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Topic
Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

Can anyone tell me what other hotels are closest to the Art of Animation property? I'm trying to book a weekend in February and would prefer Art of Animation because I have family staying there already. All that is available are suite...which are way too high for my budget right now. My next option is to try another property close to the Art of Animation. Yesterday they had standard rooms at $104 but today they only have suites at $230...thats way more than I wanted to spend for a weekend.

thanks so much

mina

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Speciality Shops
pa
Level Contributor
54,791 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

Pop Century is closest

You can walk between the two :)

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

walk between the two as in there is a walkway that connects both properties or close enough that we would have to walk to the main road and then walk over to next property?

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,537 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

There is a pedestrian bridge connecting the two resorts which are essentially mirror images of one another on either side of Hourglass Lake. A of A is 3 sections of suites and 1 section of standard rooms (Little Mermaid). Pop is a Value Resort with all sections standard rooms. You can book a preferred room for a building location closer to the central amenities. http://goo.gl/maps/bMOiY

Here is a map of Pop. You can see the bridge so you can make your room request accordingly http://www.wdwinfo.com/maps/PopCenturyMap.pdf

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,417 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

Yes you definataly want to stay at pop make sure you use a special offer when booking

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

What is now Art of Animation was originally supposed to be phase II of Pop Century, which is why they are so close together (so close in fact that some people who stayed at Pop while AoA was being built complained about the construction noise, but that is now long past).

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

Special offer? How do I get one or find out what the special offer is?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,590 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

Go to the Walt Disney World web site to see what the specials are :)

disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/

Edited: 22 December 2012, 20:23
woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

Thanks!

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

I'm bummed...Pop Century has no availability for the dates I need 2/10-2/13 and Art of Animation is more than I wanted to spend. What other Disney properties are closest to Art of Animation? Or which one offers transportation from Art of Animation to another Disney property hotel?

Thanks

Mina

pa
Level Contributor
54,791 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Art of Animation...other disney hotel closest to it?

There are no buses between Resorts. You can use a Park or Downtown Disney as your transfer station, not hard to do but that does add time to your transportation.

How often do you think you will need to meet at the other Family's Resort ?

To be honest, we often have family staying at another Resort but we meet up at the Parks and not at eachother's Resort.

The other Value Resorts would be the 3 All Star Resorts. Have you check availability at those ?

If you stayed at Port Orleans ( Riverside would be my top pick ) a Moderate Resort, you can take the Boat to Downtown Disney for Meet ups away from the Parks