We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

Cardiff, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

Hiya, we are looking for accommodation in Orlando during the last week of Feb / first week of March for 14 nights. There will be 11 of us in total but we would like 3 separate rooms / apartments, one for each family. We would also like to be able to prepare food ourselves if needed. I guess this type of accommodation is called a condo?

We will have 5 kids with us between the ages of 9 and 4 so a good pool / water play area and maybe a pool table would be good.

We are also on a budget so would like to keep the costs down as much as we can.

Can anyone recommend anywhere??

Thank you!

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

Try doing an Internet search for "Amazing Disney Homes." Yes, these are called condos. You will find a mix of vacationers and locals living in condo communities. The upside is you will often have the pools to yourselves while the locals are at work. The downside is that many condo pools don't always have water play areas, just standard pools. The Amazing Disney Condos aren't perfect, I had to do a little of my own cleaning as it wasn't up to my standards. However, for $99 a night for two baths, two bedrooms, laundry and a full kitchen, I was willing to live with this. Be aware that most condos charge a one-time cleaning fee. 11 people is quite a lot in a condo. You may want to check out sites such as VRBO or homeaway.com for whole house rentals. There are some good deals out there. I'm sure others on here can recommend other condo communities, I just mentioned the Amazing Disney ones because you said you were on a budget.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

Have a look at the Enclave Suites on Carrier Drive which is just one block from International Drive, great location, and they offer indoor and outdoor pools, full kitchens, private balconies and transportation to some of the major attraction.

www.enclavesuites.com

Staying on I Drive will give you great access to the attractions, evening activities like putt-put golf, Fun Spot, WonderWorks, I Fly, and so on....

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

I stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe Convention Centre on Universal Boulevard, two years ago and am returning in March. The rooms sleep up to 6 for only $69.99, approx £45, if booked direct with Extended Stay. The hotel is located behind the Orlando Visitor Centre right in the heart of I-drive and is ideally located if you are using pubic transport.

The rooms are basic, very clean and larger than your average hotel room and have two queen beds, a sleeper sofa and kitchen with full size fridge freezer, two ring hob, microwave and dishwasher. Included in the price is a basic buffet breakfast.

extendedstaydeluxe.com/property/…

kansas city
Level Contributor
614 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

look on vrbo, and take some time. It can seem daunting but you can find some real gems if you take the time.

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
993 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

OP- You may want to check out the Best Western Saratoga Resort Villas in Kissimmee. Very near WDW, gets good reviews. Price wise, I booked 6 nights in a 2 bed/2 bath Villa for just over $800 total incl. fees and taxes. I thought that was QUITE good considering we are traveling there the first week of April which is high season from what I understand.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

I would have thought the cheapest option to be one or two villas - that way you also have economies of scale with food etc...

It is possible to get 7 bed villas.

Ada, Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

Check out a company called villa direct www.villadirect.com we went this past may and had a great time! close to the parks, private pool and a ton more all for the same price or cheaper than a hotel!!!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
20,313 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

VRBO is great if you want to all stay together;you can get a multi bedroom home with a private pool,laundry and kitchen for very little. We prefer a suite hotel;when we travel with another family.we get two. That way,we have maid servie,someone else make the bed and cleans up. We like the ES/STaybridge suites LBV,Residence Inn LBV,Doubletreet suites and the Marriott Grande Vista. You'll need 2 of the suties;then you'll have a little privacy as well as "togetherness". We like having kitchen very much;just too hrd to get our kids to walk to a distant food court in the morning-and its nice putting dinner together in a crock pot and having it ready when we come back from the parks

South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

The previous poster makes a good point. Look into all-suite hotels. They generally have free breakfast and many serve free supper Mon.-Thurs. They will cost more per night than a condo, but considering you can have two free meals a day cancels out the difference. You also would not have the cleaning fee and the cancellation policies are more flexible.

10. Re: Condo (?) on a budget with kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 08:15