We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quality Inn

scotland
Level Contributor
982 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Quality Inn

Many years ago stayed at the QI on I Drive,didn't t like it too much although the location was great cleanliness was an issue.I had thought it had a refurbishment and as its coming up at a good price decided to check out the reviews which to my surprise were not that great.Has anyone stayed recently who has first hand experience ? I'm not looking for luxury just nice and clean ,thanks x

Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
17 Reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye Admission to...
55 Reviews
from US$26.59*
US$29.29
Pompey
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quality Inn

Stayed here every May since '07 and never had any problems at all.

scotland
Level Contributor
982 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quality Inn

Great , great too hear good news !

South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quality Inn

Located in the " tacky part" of International Drive, but still in a good location for the trolley bus to better quality restaurants / bars at The Point area.

Mentioned in this post
The Point Hotel & Suites
The Point Hotel & Suites
5,074 Reviews
Orlando, FL
International Drive
International Drive
4,362 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Seahouses, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Quality Inn

Placed in the best central area of I Drive.Whilst we have not stayed there for a while we always eat there a few times as we are friends with a couple of the staff.

It may not be quite as upmarket as near the Pointe but it has as good eateries and is certainly cheaper. It is easy to reach all areas and you can enjoy a good walk up I Drive.

As to 'tacky'..it may be to some but it is a very popular area ,well lit and plenty to do.

Mentioned in this post
Pointe Orlando
Pointe Orlando
672 Reviews
Orlando, FL
South Lanarkshire...
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quality Inn

"good eateries"....you must be joking :-))))

bridlington
Level Contributor
727 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quality Inn

We stayed in October and it was my 5th stay as others have stated its a popular hotel, basic but good value it has everything you need at a good price and yes we enjoy all the eateries within the area

just try it I'm sure you won't be disappointed

Seahouses, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Quality Inn

There are many good places to eat very close to the Quality Inn. You can walk up or down I Drive or just pop up the road to the famed eateries of the Dr Philips area. You would be better with a car for this but it is only five minutes away.

The Pointe eating and shopping is very expensive and you have to pay to park the car!. It is beyond my means.

Mentioned in this post
Pointe Orlando
Pointe Orlando
672 Reviews
Orlando, FL
8. Re: Quality Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 17:10
Seahouses, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Quality Inn

Yes Marion. I have been going for well over twenty years and have checked the restaurants and shops at the Pointe. Since Schwartz toy shop closed there is nothing to interest us in the area. The shops have ridiculous prices and the restaurants are the same. They may be good but they are very expensive. I eat at Applebys, Olive Gardens, Bahama Breeze, TGIs etc and they are ok.I shop at the Florida Mall, the outlets and Buena Vista Stores. They are fine.

As pensioners we only have a limited income and it does not stretch to wasting hundreds of dollars on such fine food as they serve at the Pointe.Each to their own.

Mentioned in this post
Buena Vista Suites
Buena Vista Suites
1,144 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Pointe Orlando
Pointe Orlando
672 Reviews
Orlando, FL
The Florida Mall
The Florida Mall
3,064 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Bahama Breeze
Bahama Breeze
3,689 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Colorado
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quality Inn

Since we haven't been in that area of I-Drive in a few years, what restaurants are in Pointe area that are so expensive?

Mentioned in this post
Pointe Orlando
Pointe Orlando
672 Reviews
Orlando, FL