We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations/park pass

Michigan
Level Contributor
163 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Reservations/park pass

This probably a dumb question, but I didn't see an answer in earlier searches. If you want to have dinner in park (for instance, the Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios) do you need a pass for that specific park or can you go in the evening with some kind of verification of a reservation at the restaurant? We were going to get park hopper for one but not all of our days.

Again, I'm assuming you would need a pass since the parks are open late and they couldn't keep you from going on rides after dinner, but thought I'd check. It seems like there should be at least at 1/2 day rate if you come in after 4 pm but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,701 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations/park pass

Hiya Michfan...you assumed correctly. No can do,without a park ticket. It's not a dumb question at all.The Brown Derby is one of my fav Disney restaurants. It's so much fun. The atmosphere really is old time Hollywood,and the food is great!

If you go..try the Pink Grapefruit Cake for dessert. It's very light,and quite unique. :+O

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations/park pass

If you are entering a park you need a park ticket even if its only to eat & there is no different admission charges for part of a day.

We arrive from the UK & have the unlimited pass which includes the park hopper so going into a park just to eat isn't an issue but can imagine if you only have a short trip planned it could be an expensive meal if that was all you were going for.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,535 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations/park pass

As said, park admission is required to eat at an in-park restaurant. (don't forget about the hotels. Some of the best restaurants are at the Resorts...no ticket required for those).

I wanted to add...You commented "We were going to get park hopper for one but not all of our days." Park hopper doesn't work that way. It's a flat fee option. If you add it, you'll have it for all of your days.

Destination Expert
Level Contributor
22,920 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations/park pass

You can add the park hopper to a one day ticket for $35-the one day option is cheaper than the flat fee. The hopper is well worth it. But you have to have a ticket even if you go into the park for 5 minutes-we often go to one park during the day and then to Epcot at night for dinner and the hopper has served us well. No half day tickets but you can get discounts at www.undercovertourist.com

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,426 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
17,535 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservations/park pass

Additional info for the OP. You can add Park Hopper to a 1 day ticket for $35, but you can't add Park Hopper to just 1 day of a multi day ticket. To add it to a multi day ticket is $57 (no matter if you have 2 days or 10 or anywhere in between) and gives you the ability to hop on all of your days.

6. Re: Reservations/park pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 05:16