We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to say for Disney visit - without children

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
345 posts
251 reviews
Save Topic
Where to say for Disney visit - without children

Hi – we are 2 couples without children who want to visit Disney whilst in Florida for a few days. As we are only going to have a few days there so would be best to stay in the Disney resort? If so which hotels in resort are more couple than child friendly? Is staying in Disney worth the extra cost for the ease? If not what hotels close by would anyone recommend again that maybe cater for adults well.

Many thanks

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

We always travel with no kids and 9 times out of 10 stay at Disneys Saratoga Springs. It's a great resort within easy walking distance of the shops and bars at Downtown Disney. There are several pools at SSR, one quiet pool in the Congress park area that is great for adults.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

Try the WDW Swan and Dolphin Hotels, located between Epcot and Hollywood Studios, the hotel caters to more conventions and also offers discounts like AAA, AARP, etc since it is not owned by Disney but does provide the majority of the Disney perks!

www.swandolphin.com

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

I'd suggest one of the DTD hotels-we like the Buena Vista Palace and the Hilton. If you want a little more room,the Residence Inn LBV and the ES/Staybridge suites are excellent. If you want to splurge,Waldorf Astoria,Ritz and the Peabody are good choices. All these are sort of adult oriented which you will not find at Disney.We don't find it is worth it to stay at Disney hotel unless we are just going to hang around the hotel and skip the parks. then we like the Boardwalk(but we get a villa since there are no restaurants in the hotel) or the AKL

Wingham, Ontario
Level Contributor
210 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

We don't have kids and prefer Port Orleans Riverside. It is usually very quiet.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

If you aren't familiar with WDW, it is better to stay on-site in my view, as you won't have to worry at all about finding your way around. The Swan and Dolphin are not bad chocies, as noted in post 2, as they are not owned by WDW and get lots of adult conventioneers (I would pick the Swan over the Dolphin, as it is smaller and easier to navigate, plus it has queen beds rather than doubles). The convenience to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is a big plus, as you can walk to Epcot or take a short boat ride or long walk to Hollywood Studios. Another good choice in the Epcot area is the Yacht Club. It shares facilities with the Beach Club, but the Yacht Club is more quiet and seems to have a lot fewer kids around than the Beach Club. That may be due in part to the fact that the convention center they share is much closer to the Yacht Club.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

Swan and Dolphin are good choices. Or Coronado Springs.

Both of the above choices are convention hotels, which will attract more adults than families.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,058 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

We absolutely loved the Waldorf at Bonnet Creek. The room we had was phenomenal (we used Hilton points and got a suite upgrade). It also has a dedicated Disney shuttle so you aren't wasting time picking up at other hotels.

This trip we may try the Swan/Dolphin. My husband has fascination with them so I think I will book and surprise him. They are in a great location. He loves the idea that you can walk to Epcot. Also, the Bluezoo restaurant in the Dolphin (or is it the Swan) is one of our favorites.

Manchester
Level Contributor
345 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

Thanks all that is really useful and gets me thinking

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

I usually go to Disney by myself or with friends(no kids). On my last visit, I stayed at the Dolphin in a king room which I enjoyed. I have also stayed at the Yacht Club and Beach Club. The pool shared by the two resorts is amazing. I like the above hotels especially because they are so close to Epcot, which is my favorite park. From these hotels you can walk to Epcot as well as Hollywood Studios. Just remember the Swan and Dolphin are not owned by Disney and they charge an extra $14 dollar/day "resort fee". If you stay at a moderate resort, I also think that Port Orleans is the best choice. Any of the Value resorts will probably have lots of kids, but I've never stayed at one. Also, I read that Disney will soon be offering a special for visitors from the UK.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
454 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to say for Disney visit - without children

We stayed at the Florida Mall hotel which is great for adult and basically no kids. Great for shopping and very good value for money.The heated pool is lovely.

There is a Lynx fast bus (111) direct from the airport to the hotel and direct from the hotel to the down town Disney area and to the Disney transport centre. We found the combination of hotel, shopping and easy relaxed transport door to door to be a sure fire winner.