We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which parks with four year old?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
which parks with four year old?

For her third bday we did three half days at mk and one day at ak, didnt care for ak

Going four days in april after easter, any suggestions?

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which parks with four year old?

In April we spent a week with (almost) 4 year old. We spent 2 days at Manic Kingdom, a day at Typhoon Lagoon, a day at Rocky, a half day at Animal Kingdom, & a day at Hollywood Studios. Not much for a young one at Animal Kingdom besides the Safari, but we broke the day into 2 half trips at each park so she could nap, except Typhoon Lagoon.

Ada, Michigan
Level Contributor
175 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which parks with four year old?

Give seaworld a try. I think they might still have a buy one ticket get one free deal.

chicago
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which parks with four year old?

Whats rocky?

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which parks with four year old?

Sorry, Epcot...using my phone, spellcheck...

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which parks with four year old?

wot about lego land

lots of rides designed for that age

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which parks with four year old?

Our boy was 4 when we took him in 2008. We took him to all disney parks and IOS and US, loved all of them.

Second the sea world tip, there is a mini theme park perfect for 4-6 years old along with a huge play area of slides and climbing stuff.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,034 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: which parks with four year old?

Magic Kingdom is always good for any age, but if you are looking for alternatives, SeaWorld and Legoland have a number of rides a 4 year old should enjoy. And lots of great shows at SeaWorld. Epcot has a reputation as an adult park, but it is good for toddlers and preschoolers too in my opinion especially girls as there are a lot of character/princess opportunities. The Flower and Garden Festival will be on so that is a nice bonus. I would pick SW and Epcot for sure. Legoland isn't great with big crowds. Depends on when exactly after Easter. I wouldn't want to go one of the peak weeks

chicago
Level Contributor
8,283 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which parks with four year old?

For disney its low season, all stars is $85 a night

SW seems like a good idea, now wondering if we stay off property last time we stayed onsite and didnt have a car

toronto
Level Contributor
361 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: which parks with four year old?

IF your only going for four days then I would stay onsite and just do WDW places.I have gone when my daughter was 3,4,and now 5. We find so much to do at all the parks, she loves the shows and DHS has lots of them. She has never seen star wars, but after doing the sim, she came home and wanted to see them all.

MK is a given, especially since Fantasy land is open.

Epcot has lots for the kids, from Land to Nemo and even the pavalions where my dd loved china and mexico.

W still love AK, again for the shows, and hopefully the Lion King is still there, but dino land is great, the play area, and since it closes early its a great park to do all day, then have a nice meal and an early night.

Cant go wrong at any of them. My only suggestion would be to get to each park early, rope drop of just after, do a number of the shows and rides. Head back to your resort just after lunch time and have a later lunch then a well deserved nap. Always with a toddler, dont over work them, mid day nap gets them to the fireworks and late parades, and dont have too many hard plans, be flexable.

But most important, have a great time.

New York
Level Contributor
458 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which parks with four year old?

I would think, magic kingdom and epcot. hollywood studios as a great belle show and an ariel show (just OK). I don't like AK. Perhaps seaworld as someone else said. also, typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach is great for any change child.