We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Hotel

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Hotel

We are started to plan a vacation to Universal for next year. We want to stay at one of the hotels on property. What are the pros and cons of each one? Thanks in advance.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,158 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Hotel

I would take a look at the hotel reviews on the left, there are so many and see what people have said about them.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Hotel

All three Universal hotels are fab. The Portofino is one of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed at. It is the furthest from the parks but this isn't a problem as there is a regular water taxi to take you back and forth as there are at the other 2 hotels.

If you are an adult only party I would recommend the Portofino, with small kids the Royal Pacific would be perfect and teens love the Hard Rock, but to be honest you can't go wrong with any of them.

Take a look at the websites and choose the one that appeals to you the most. Also the price may make a difference, the Postofino is the most expensive, followed by the Hard Rock and then the Royal Pacific is the least expensive.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Hotel

Category (and price) wise they are meant to go Royal Pacific > Hard Rock > Portofino (lowest to highest). I would agree with Portofino probably being best for adults only, it tends to be the quietest; however, it is the furthest as noted above. All 3 have water taxis and all 3 are walkable, but it will be more convenient to walk from one of the other two. It's personal really. Check out the themes, prices, etc and go from there.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
326 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Hotel

I am having this same dillema?? I read all the reviews, and can find pros and cons for all 3. We are only 2 adults....decisions, decisions.... Frommers does say that the Portofino has tons of stairs, and not sure after full days at the parks I want more exercise. Anyone have any comments regarding too many stair?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
418 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Hotel

Woo hoo Hard Rock all the way lol xxx

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Hotel

Shaktitourist, Portofino is a low rise hotel so I don't know where you're getting the "tons of stairs" from. Fabulous hotel. IMO

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,674 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Universal Hotel

We just stayed in September at the Portofino (third time). Will definitely stay there again. I'm sure all three are great.

(USL I think people may mean the set of stairs going up to the lobby from outside, which are a lot of steps, but there is an elevator to get you there, so no worries about steps.)

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
326 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Universal Hotel

It came from Frommers review, and several reviews on thiis site. Now I am confused.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Universal Hotel

I have styayed at the Hard Rock Hotel several times and would definitely go back if visiting the Universal parks. It is a short walk to the parks and city walk. As others have said none of them are a bad choice so just look at the reviews and photos and decide. Don't sweat it. If budget is important then go with the Royal Pacific Hotel.

England
Level Contributor
297 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Universal Hotel

I went through this a few months back and finally choose Hard Rock, we are also two adults no children. We have stayed at Portofino before and generally like quieter hotels but found Portofino a little too quiet. Also my husband isn't a great lover of Italian food so the restaurants at Hard Rock sounded better for us. We are going in 11days time, so look for our trip report.