We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

Andover, Minnesota
Level Contributor
643 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

Hi all,

We are spending a week on St. Pete's beach and then 2 days either in Tampa or Orlando. We've got a 14, 11 & 6 yo. I notice all 4 of the above listed are approx the same price for a one day visit for our family. Which one is best for the $$? Kids are actually least interested in Disney. I should also mention we are there during spring break- crowds will be a big factor.

Thanks for your help!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

There is not a bad option in that list. Why not let the 14-year old help you decide? He/she could search on the web and maybe have a feel for what the siblings would like.

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

I think for the spread of ages you have, that Islands of Adventure would be a good choice. Get your eldest to have a look at the website and see what they think :)

A x

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,953 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

I agree the eldest two are in a good age to help plan. While I feel Disney is great for kids that age, as you have only one day, let them choose.

I feel you can easily visit BG from your st pete week base. Get up early and go early and you'll be back ont he beach in the afternoon.

so that leaves you to choose from Universal/IOA or SW. Being not a fan of captive mammals being forced to perform, I would not choose SW. But I am not against others visiting (like religion it is a personal choice and should not put forced on others).

Between IOA and Universal, I prefer Universal, but the world of Harry P should be perfect for your lot.

So, I would be very surprised if your 14/10 yr olds dont choose BG and IOA.

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

Personally I would choose Busch Gardens they have live shows, animals and some of the best coasters in Florida. Great food and shops (IMHO)

BG is an excellent park as it easily covers all ages and tastes If there is a ride the little one cant go on there are plenty more that they can!

You can even feed the animals (at an extra cost of course).

Edited: 01 January 2013, 22:13
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
90 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

Universal or Busch Gardens!

Winchester...
Level Contributor
288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

I'd choose Islands of Adventure :)

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

My daughter brought her family to Busch Gardens when she had a 15 year old, 12, and 4 year old. All of them loved it! Parking isn't expensive, there are a lot of attractions (especially animal related if your kids are interested in that), but everyone else has brought up a really great point, let your older kids research and decide! They could even make little lists about each place and go over them together.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
26,166 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

That age group would enjoy Busch Gardens.

9. Re: Disney, sea world, universal, Busch gardens??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 22:16