We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

Jordan
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

Dear TAers,

Please help. We're staying at Terra Verde Resort in Kissimmee and are planning to visit all the theme parks etc. Would it be possible to manage without renting a car?! I know there is a Lynx bus service - does it pass by anywhere near where we are staying? What would our options be? I know I'll have to really research routes etc. before we go but any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hudson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
68 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

Hi There,

We've stayed at Terra Verde 3 times in the last 5 years. I don't recall seeing a bus stop anywhere near the entrance which is really just on a very well used 2 lane hwy. There aren't much for business's and homes adjacent to the property. In fact - when we left in the morning for disney it took us a minute or two to turn onto the hwy due to the traffic.

It's at least a mile or two down the road before you get to an area in whicn I noticed bus stops. We have rented a car for each one of the trips for a number of reasons but mostly for the flexibiliy and the amount of items we bring to the parks. You might be able to get a taxi but I have no idea how much that would cost.

That being said - we really like th resort. It worked very well for us and I like the fact that the homes are newer and there is a great clubhouse with 24hr security.

BB

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,252 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

Would it be possible to manage without renting a car?

No

! I know there is a Lynx bus service - does it pass by anywhere near where we are staying?

No

What would our options be?

Rent a car

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,094 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

No you cannot get by w/o a car there. All Villa developments anywhere in the area, you need a car. If you cannot or do not want to rent a car you must change where you are staying.

Which if you are renting privately will mean losing your deposit/rental money.

Jordan
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

Thank you all for your responses and BB I really appreciate your feedback on Terra Verde:-)

Harare
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

Am interested in this as the same applies for a booking for December 2013. Is cab (taxi) service an option and if so does anyone recommend or have contact details?

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

Using taxis all the time would certainly be FAR MORE EXPENSIVE than renting a car. Car rental would definitely the way to go. Taxi fares would add up so quickly.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
47,094 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

DO NOT stay at Terre Verde w/o a car. Period.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

The destination experts and other posters have given the only advice possible sadly.

No car = lots of money on taxis. More expensive than hiring a car.

Jordan
Level Contributor
142 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

I'm the OP and I agree with everyone who responded to me back in January. Having now been to Terra Verde, I can say with certainty that it cannot be done without a car. We rented one from the airport when we arrived and dropped it off before our flight out of Orlando.

I would also agree with BB, the resort was great and I would definitely stay there again. Have fun!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation to/from Terra Verde Report - help!

Options are, Avis, Alamo, Dollar, Thrifty, Hertz!!!