We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Disney

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Downtown Disney

We will be arriving around noon on our first day. Since we can't check in yet I was looking at leaving our bags at our resort and then going to the downtown Disney area. This is our first trip and I would love feedback on if this is a good idea. Our children will be 3&4 years old. What can we do at downtown Disney? How do we get there? We are staying at BLT. Is it free? Lastly, I was thinking after we walked around we would come back up to the Poly resort for the Ohana dinner. Or is there are great place to eat in the downtown area? Thank you!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,800 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Disney

Not sure what BLT is but they will be able to tell you how to get to DTD. It is free as is the parking for it. Lots of places to eat right in DTD so unless you specially want to go to Ohana save time and eat in DTD.

There's also an area in DTD for the little ones, train they can ride on etc. - if I remember as you enter head to your right.

They can also play with the lego in the Lego store (that's to the left as you enter).

Edited: 02 January 2013, 19:54
manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Disney

We always go to DTD on our arrival day , its great to look around

Assuming BLT is Bay Lake Towers you can take the Disney bus from the Contemporary to DTD , the transportation is free. There are lots of shops your children will love & not sure when you are going but if the weather is warm there is a water play area that all the kids love.

There is also a train ride they will like(chargeable) .

you could also take aThere are lots of great places to eat , if you have a look at this link you can see the various options

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Edited: 02 January 2013, 19:55
Harleysville...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Disney

Downtown Disney has a lot of shopping and restaurants. As previous posters have stated, there are things for the kids to do, also.

As for restaurants, we like - Earl of Sandwich for counter service and Raglan Road for table service. Also a favorite for kids is T-Rex, which has a dinosaur theme, but it is very loud. They have a store attached where the kids can make there own stuffed animal dinosaur.

When are you going? We will also be staying at BLT in May:)

United States...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Disney

Yes, BLT -Bay Lake Towers. We do not go until Nov, but I feel like I need all the time in between to plan, there is just so much, and we have never been. I'm glad to hear there are things to do or younger children. Thank you or the suggestions and links.

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,408 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Disney

In the evenings Disney also throws a family-friendly dance party at their DTD waterside pavilion- complete with zany DJ to lead your kids in the latest dance crazes and help them burn off energy so they can sleep well at night ;)

tons. of. FUN!

Edited: 02 January 2013, 20:56
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Disney

You might want to see this for more information:

https:/…

This might be helpful also:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/downtown/marketplace/

7. Re: Downtown Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:16