We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd trip to WDW need some ideas

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
2nd trip to WDW need some ideas

Hi -

We will be making a second trip to Orlando and WDW in March 2014...I start early planning. We went to WDW in 2009 and spent almost 1 week in WDW - half our time at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and half at ?Cornando. We did all the parks (except water) multiple times, lots of princess meals etc as my daughter was 4. Now we are going back for a few days and she is a much bigger kid...so looking to find out what is/will be new, and ideas where to stay, and if a water park should be on the agenda. Thanks.

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd trip to WDW need some ideas

The Waterparks are great fun, weather should be OK in March, the water is heated even if it isn't super high air temps, you will have a good time

The AKL and CSR are both great. If you enjoyed them, I might suggest Wilderness Lodge this time around, for a Deluxe and Port Orleans Riverside for a Moderate

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851271

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
990 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd trip to WDW need some ideas

Lots of new things with the new Fantasyland!

With older kids, it's fun to have them explore the websites and read the books--there are some geared at kids--so that they can find out what she wants to do. It really builds the excitement and they get so proud when they know the answer to a question. ("I just want a quick place to find breakfast!" I griped last summer, and my oldest son rattled off the names of two nearby places. They get so useful as they grow!)

Your daughter may also like new interests like pin trading, getting the little passport stamped by everyone at World Showcase in Epcot, and the Agent P World Showcase Adventures.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2nd trip to WDW need some ideas

In March 2014, the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival should be in progress (it normally runs from early March to Mid-May; you didn't say whether you were at WDW in 2009 when it was in progress). Here is more information:

https:/…

Fantasyland expansion, with the possible exception of the Seven Dwarfs mine train ride, will be open when you are there. Here is a good article about what is open already:

investorplace.com/2012/…

Also, Test Track in Epcot has been refurbished recently, a large bowling alley has opened in Downtown Disney, Country Bear Jamboree in MK and Star Tours in DHS have had a makeover, there are fairly new restaurants in Italy and Mexico in Epcot, and there is a new parade at DHS that replaces the awful Block Party Bash.

Anchorage
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2nd trip to WDW need some ideas

Thanks for the info...I forgot about pin trading. When we went the first time I had started to collect Disney pins with the idea of mounting them in shadow boxes in her room. Now she is past the Disney stage in her room and I have hundreds of good quality pins. Not sure what I will do with them now but would have some for pin trading.

We were there before during Epcots Garden Festival which was great and I'm happy it will be going on again. We all loved Test Track so glad to here it is refurbished and cannot wait to see the new Fantasyland.

5. Re: 2nd trip to WDW need some ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 05:21