We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 month old

london
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
13 month old

Hi all

We are taking our 13 month year old and staying in a suite on I-drive

Has anyone taken there children at around this age?

I was looking for advice and recommendations

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,257 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 month old

Make sure you purchase sun tan lotion with a high spf and that they drink plenty of water, purchase your own stroller when you get here (from Wal-Mart) or bring your own from home if possible, that way they will be much more comfortable for napping rather than using the ones that can rented at the park.

You are also able to leave the park if you wanted to return to your hotel for an afternoon of napping or sitting by the pool. Renting a car would also be a very good option...that way you can come and go as you please.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,667 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 month old

I suggest renting a car, you will have to rent a car seat as well.

london
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 month old

Thanks. Im going to get a car and a car seat. I will also get a stroller that declines as well so my son can have naps

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 month old

Hiya

The facilities in Disney parks are brilliant for babies and stroller parking is located near all the rides - he will be able to go on all the game rides with you like 'small world' we took ours and she loved all the things to see!!!

I would definitely take your own pushchair - being as they sleep a lot at that age the Walmart ones are super rigid! We found the restaurants really accommodating if mine was asleep we could take the pushchair in with us next to our table but we did try and eat earlier to avoid peak times of craziness!!! And heating of food and milk was never a problem!

You'll have an amazing time with him - the baby rooms in the park are really nice - I wouldn't recommend the baby food they sell there though we had to buy a jar as an emergency (I forgot ours!!!) and it wasn't great and pricey!!! Walmart :)

Have a fantastic time!!!!

5. Re: 13 month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 January 2013, 20:05
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
12,162 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 13 month old

I'll repeat what Happy says........;-);-);-)

london
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 13 month old

thanks ;-)

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 13 month old

I have taken that age before and it was great, she loved it.

If I read your post correctly you are saying you are hiring a car and a car seat.

May I please offer a personal opinion on this, please take your own car seat, they are free to take on most airlines from the uk. You do not know the history of the car seat you would rent, (it could of been involved in an accident, even a minor one). Also you have no dea if it has been cleaned properly.

If you have an expensive one in the uk, look for a good cheap one, and that way you won't be on earned if it gets scratched on route. It will probably also work out cheaper.

This is what I do.

Level Contributor
1,081 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 13 month old

I agree. Take your own umbrella pushchair and your own car seat. They are both free on most scheduled airlines. We hired a car seat previously and it wasn't the best. The recline was virtually non existent.

You can get a car seat bag really cheap online to protect it. Kiddicare do them for less than £10.

Also use a sun cream you've used before and take breaks in the afternoon. They saved us. Hit to parks for rope drop then 3 or 4 hrs, back to base, swim nap then dinner.

We have wonderful memories of taking our 12 month old. We only went to take his older cousins but looking back at the photos he had a wonderful time and we made so many memories.

10. Re: 13 month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 01:17