We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with time Management @ Universal Parks!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
326 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with time Management @ Universal Parks!

My Husband & I are coming to Universal IOA for the first time without children, and haven't been there in 15 years. We have 7 nights and spending 1/2 @ Portifino Hotel and 1/2 in Siesta Key. We did Disney World last winter and stayed 4 nights at Disney and 3 at beach. Looking at Universal and trying to decide if we need 3 days in the parks or only 2? We will arrive around 4:00 on a Saturday, so no park for us Saturday. My plan was Sun, Mon, Tues, in parks and leave early Wed. for beach. Looking at the parks now I am wondering if we only need Sun. & Mon. onsite, and could have an extra beach day. However, the deals I am finding are buy 2 day passes and get day 3 free. Anyone with experience, or suggestions?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with time Management @ Universal Parks!

Staying at the Portofino you will probably find you only need 2 days at the parks as you get the express pass included with your room and early morning entry to WWoHP.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with time Management @ Universal Parks!

The often have concerts sat night for example the upcoming Mardi Gras. Even if not you could use the free day then for a couple of hours. 2 days enough for parks I'd rather have the extra beach day though park day pool/spa day park day is another option

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
326 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with time Management @ Universal Parks!

1013, will the weather be warm enough for pool time the first week of Feb? I like that idea!

Chicago
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with time Management @ Universal Parks!

You can do the parks with 1 day each, but don't expect to see everything. The third day is good for returning to your favorites, or what you miss. Also, if you have extra time, you won't feel like you need to stay from open to close and wear yourself out, but can take it easier.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,878 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with time Management @ Universal Parks!

Winter weather is quite variable and honestly not the best for beach or pool. I do recall swimming last Valentines Day. We had a warm winter and pretty warm this year too. But it won't be something you can count on in advance. Rather, if you want to swim, best to keep the plan flexible and pick the warmest day. Most hotels heat their pools; however, some can still feel pretty cold. Part of it will depend on just how warm they keep them. The hot tub is sure to be nice! Beginning Feb is not crowded. You'll be able to get thru the parks just fine in 1 day each especially with free Express which you may find you don't even need.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with time Management @ Universal Parks!

You can do IoA in a day but I always like 2 days at US.

It depends on how much you like it, what you go on and how long the queues are.

You will get a FoLP as a guest but this does not allow you on FJ in WWoHP.

The pools are lovely at Universal so I'd have the extra day and spend it around the pool and Citywalk

7. Re: Need help with time Management @ Universal Parks!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 06:17