We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando in October

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
30 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando in October

Flying to Orlando on 25th October for 9 nights. Staying in doubletree at sea world. Have never been to the us before never mind Orlando. Usually booking a holiday takes months of research - but this is a surprise holiday booked by my father in law. Have been to Disney Paris lots of time - so he got us tickets to universal. Mixed age group of adults and 2 kids. Nervous.com. Please advise on weather transport etc. would be too nervous to drive

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando in October

Well, the Doubletree near SeaWorld is very well located for the public bus. Have you read this?

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland…

You can purchase Lynx weekly passes in advance. I believe shipping is free, even international, but I'm not sure.

http://www.golynx.com/fares-passes/

You can use Lynx to head to Universal or just up International Drive for the restaurants and things.

October is a transitional kind of month-usually begins still pretty hot and humid and then gets a bit dryer and cooler toward the end of the month.

I know you said you've been to Disneyland Paris but with 9 days you might enjoy a trip to Epcot for the Food and Wine Festival or a night at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Universal will be hosting Halloween Horror Nights in October. This is a separate hard-ticketed event that is very popular for older (teen) kids. I've never been (fraidy cat!) but I hear it's REALLY scary!

Hope this helps!

Edited: 05 January 2013, 23:02
pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando in October

Disney World is much, much bigger and better then Disney Paris so I would suggest visiting all 4 Parks, if you can fit it in the budget

The Food and Wine Festival at Epcot is great as is the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. The Halloween Horror Nights at Universal is Bloody Awful and not suitable for young kids or even older kids, IMHO

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
472 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando in October

Weather will be fantastic (October is our month of choice). Parks no so crowded. :)

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando in October

Gg

As others have stated October has great weather and there are lots of Halloween events going on when you are there. You will have a great time, no need to worry.

Nice Father in Law!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,855 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando in October

This is a good introduction.

http://www.floridathoughts.co.uk/

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,348 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando in October

Universal's version of Halloween is a very big deal for them, not to mention the aspiring actors who compete for jobs scaring the living daylights out of visitors. It's popular with Florida residents who like that sort of thing.

Not having been to Paris, I can't comment on the Disney there. One way to get a feel for the size of Disney World is to google "Reedy Creek Improvement District" (the Disney-run government body for the Disney property). Click on the map that appears, and, staying in map rather than satellite mode, zoom out until you can see the whole property (gray shading).

Late October is an optimal time to come. The weather is (probably) quite warm without being excessively hot (20 to 29 in the afternoon, based on 2012) and humidity is less than in summer. It's an opposite-of-mediterranean climate with wet summer, dry winter.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando in October

Kids are all different. Our oldest would have loved Halloween Horror Nights at 13 but there's no way our youngest (almost 25) would go anywhere near the place even now, well, not unless they were giving away Louboutins in there ;-)

8. Re: Orlando in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2014, 06:17