We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

Hello,

I wanted to let you know how much of a joke your company is. I booked a car on your website a few months ago I think back in October for a car for January 4th Thur the 13th. When I booked my car through your website it said your company was at MCO airport. After a long flight my wife and I just wanted to get our car and start our vacation but NO we couldn't do that at all. We had walked through the whole airport car rental desks with all of our bags plus a have a very bad back and we kept on walking where all of the company's are and still couldn't find your company. There was a few signs with your company name on it but it didn't tell us where to go at all. So I went up to the Hertz desk because I knew that your company was bought out by Hertz. So the guy tells me that your company has moved out of the airport and that I had to take a shuttle bus to where ever the world you have moved to. O by the way YOU COULD HAVE CALLED ME OR EMAILED ME TO TELL ME THAT YOU MOVED OFF THE AIRPORT PROPERTY BECAUSE THEN I WOULD HAVE CANCELED THE CAR. But wait there is more So the guy at Hertz tells us what bus number we had to wait at for this shuttle. So my wife and I go outside waiting for this shuttle at the number he told us it was the wrong number. Your COMPANY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE A BUS NUMBER. So the bus pulls up and the guy walks out of the shuttle for 10 seconds and gets back in the shuttle and starts to drive off and I am yelling HEY HEY AND WAVING MY HANDS IN THE AIR SO HE STOPS. We weren,'t the only ones either. So this still is not the best part of this cluster you know what of a story. We get to your car company rental place and get off the shuttle bus and the check in line is pretty much coming out of the door. I had to stand in this long line for at least an hour and 30 mins. This is not including the almost 30 mins it took for the guy to check me in and ask me all his stupid questions that I really couldn't understand in the first place because he didn't speak very well English to begin with. SO NEEDLESS TO SAY THAT YOUR COMPANY SCREWED UP OUR FIRST DAY OF OUR VACATION. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID I WILL NEVER RENT FROM YOUR COMPANY EVER AGAIN AND I AM ALSO GOING TO LET EVERYONE I KNOW NOT TO RENT FROM YOUR COMPANY EVERY AGAIN.

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

I see you became a member of TA in 2010, maybe for future trips you could do a search on here. Many posts on Advantage car rental.

Edited: 11 January 2013, 05:28
Va
Level Contributor
10,906 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

Normally I would agree with the previous statement, but what you missed was that advantage is not owned by hertz any longer. They were recently sold and that is why they moved off site. While I think it would be nice that they notified you of this, being a low cost company you really can't expect them to do that.

London, United...
Level Contributor
75 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

So I get the impression you are not too happy with Advantage car rental. Is this correct ?

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,996 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

Oh, the emotions.....A long flight? From Roanoke?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

Not sure who this post is directed at, but pretty sure none of us reading it own the company, so why make this post a complaint letter?

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

are u really that stupid

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

u didn't have to read it I was just letting people know

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

Just letting people know what? Obviously I had to read it or else I would not know what it was about, but then saying that I am still at a loss as to what it is about.

1 person has a bad experience because they didnt do their homework, and they want to world to think the company is bad.

A very quick search on the internet showed these details, which means it is not "on airport"

Serving MCO - Orlando Intl Airport (MCO) FL

Contacts

7640 Narcoossee Rd

Orlando, FL 32822

407-203-1204

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

A few spaces or paragraphs would really make it easier to read Roanoke.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: never rent from Advantage car rental in Orlando fl

englishrose, apparenty we should not have read it, as it was not addressed to us.