We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DoubleTree Universal or The Point Orlando

Freeland...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Topic
DoubleTree Universal or The Point Orlando

Ive just about narrowed it down to these 2 hotels for my long weekend at Universal. Does anyone have a preferece or opinion about one?

Its just my boyfriend and I traveling, we will have a rental car.

Thanks °o°

pa
Level Contributor
54,317 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: DoubleTree Universal or The Point Orlando

My vote goes to the Doubletree. Even though you'll have a car, it is quite nice to be within walking distance of Universal especially if you end the night with a visit to Citywalk for Dinner and a cocktail plus you will save on the $15 Universal Parking charges

greenwich
Level Contributor
57 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DoubleTree Universal or The Point Orlando

I have stayed at Universal Doubletree many times. No problems. Large pool, hot tub. Easy walk to Universal/Citywalk or they have a car service for $5 each way waiting to take you. Rooms are nice. They do charge for parking which most people do not seem to know beforehand so I would check out the rate. Also there is a strip mall near the hotel with a Starbucks (betther than the hotel one) a drugstore, liquor store and restaurants esp. my favorite Orlando Ale House which is great. Be sure to check it out. Enjoy!

Freeland...
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: DoubleTree Universal or The Point Orlando

*Bump for more input

And what about Drury?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DoubleTree Universal or The Point Orlando

I have only stayed at the Point Orlando, so can only comment on that.

We stayed in the 1 bedroom suite which I would highly recommend booking

It has a kitchen plus washer and dryer, which was great since our trip in the US lasted 5 weeks, so we needed clean clothes once in a while :)

I really liked the location. It was close to International Drive, but far enough removed to not be bothered by the traffic.

It has a nice pool area, as well as complimentary breakfast, parking and Internet

If/when we go back to Orlando, we will most likely book the Point Orlando again.

It has great value for money.

Blackwood, United...
Level Contributor
4,911 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DoubleTree Universal or The Point Orlando

The Point doesn't have a free breakfast. Parking and internet access is included in the resort fee.

6. Re: DoubleTree Universal or The Point Orlando

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2014, 07:18