We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Villas Arghhhhh

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Florida Villas Arghhhhh

Hi all

Trying to arrange a special holiday for a family of 4 and 3 bedroom villa in Florida. I have so much choice I do not know where to start and wondering if anyone can give my guidance!! Pricewise I am looking for around 1500.00 for a two week stay in July.... Within Florida, I dont care as long as it is not in the middle of nowhere and a supermarket is nearby with Disney a likely visit. Can anyone guide me! Thanks all Edd

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
17,060 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

There are thousands if villas out there

We use www.ownersdirect.co.uk

It's a pretty easy to follow website and you can drill down and search for different villa communities

You deal directly with villa owners

At the top right of this forum there is a map of the villa communities which might be a good place to start it will give you an idea of where they are in relation to parks etc

Good luck!!!!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

We will need a bit more info.

So you have £1500 to spend on top of your flights and theme park tickets?

Do you need/want a pool or any other specific amenties like gated community?

Do you want to stay in Orlando or somewhere else which is commutable for a day trip? My experience is that you get good value in Orlando so unless you want to stay elsewhere then Orlando is a good choice.

Where have you already looked?

Were there any that you liked? Which areas were they in?

What do you intend doing when you are in Florida?

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

Does this mean you want to stay near the Disney area? Most of the villas (I'm assuming you are referring to stand alone homes) are inland in Lake, Polk, and Osceola Counties and will require you to rent a car.

If you want the beach, there are condos in the Cocoa Beach area that would be about an hour drive from Disney. I don't know that you could find anything that cheap if you are talking dollars, but I guess it is possible. You will also have an additional 12-13% added for state and local taxes and a possible cleaning fee.

Look up the addresses on Google Maps of the places that are within your price range. You can see a satellite view and search for nearby restaurants and supermarkets. Narrow the location that you want and there are probably several people that can help with specific communities within an area.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

Sorry, I was posting the same time as the others.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

Guys. A huge thanks for your comments. The 1500.00 is in sterling and for villa only. I believe that the budget is sufficient but at the same time the

choice is endless which is a good thing but equally confusing. Ideally I like the idea of Clearwater and Disney for the day. That said is Naples, St Petersburg or Tampa any better? As we have kids amentities are a must but happy to travel. Orlando is an easy option and can also give with this.

Again appreciate all your assistance and all replies are welcome to this post!

Much regards

Edd

London

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
614 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

I've used http://www.orlandovillas.com/ in the past & will be using them again this year without a hitch, you will deal directly with the owner also

Edited: 16 January 2013, 13:42
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

I tend to book direct with owners after searching on holidayrentals.co.uk. You can look at Clearwater Beach options on there too. If you are only doing one day at a park then that is do-able. Otherwise I would stay in Orlando and avoid travelling. Properties on the coast are often more expensive, esp if near the beach.

If you can't be bothered with the research then get someone else to do it for you, paid (travel agent) or perhaps family member of friend for free or a nice box of chocs/bottle of wine. You can always book a package through Virgin or BA and they allocate a villa in an area to you. I prefer to know where I am staying and deal directly with the owner.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

Clearwater & Ste Pete Beach Are about as far away as you want doing a day trip to the Disney area. When you get to Naples, it gets to be around a 4 hour one-way drive. Clearwater is closer to 2 hours one way. If you want to be on the beach, it will be a condo and not a free standing home. Look at VRBO too.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
36 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

You'll probably get more bang for your buck if you do a week at Ron Jon's resort in Cape Canaveral and a week at Disney. That would be my plan! Ron Jon's has villas and will keep the kids occupied so you actually get some rest too! I'd look into it. Good luck and have fun!

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,589 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Florida Villas Arghhhhh

I'll add another site which is very good for villa rentals, www.orlandovillas.com, they will put you in touch with the owners. If a villa is located near Rt. 192 you will be fine. AS far as the gulf coast a condo is the best bet, and I agree with vrbo to be an excellent site,