We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Character Dinner for adults

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Character Dinner for adults

My wife and I are going to Disney next month an would live a character dinner without princesses. Any recommendations?

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Character Dinner for adults

Our favourite for dinner is Chef Mickeys with the fab five.

For breakfast we always go to 'OHanas at the Poly with Lilo & Stitch & Mickey & Pluto and Cape May Cafe with Minnie, Pluto, Donald & Goofy.

We are 2 adults and love the character meals:)

pa
Level Contributor
54,436 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Character Dinner for adults

Welcome to the forum

Chef Mickey's is great but not sure you will get an ADR this close

Cape May Cafe is very good but only has characters at Breakfast

Other Dinner options would be Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom and Garden Grill at Epcot

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Character Dinner for adults

If you want to see the full list of character meals (which you might need; as partypa noted above, you can make reservations 180 days out, so a month to go is cutting it very close), here it is:

http://allears.net/din/cbchar.htm

To see what is still available, and to make reservations, go here:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Edited: 17 January 2013, 00:07
Huntsville, Al.
Level Contributor
121 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Character Dinner for adults

I would steer clear of Crystal Palace. I wrote a review on tripadvisor if your interested in reading it. Just a big disappointment. We weren't even there when it was super busy, it was the week after Thanksgiving.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Character Dinner for adults

Wiht respect to post 4, Crystal Palace has a lot of territory for the four Pooh characters to cover, plus they have a parade every hour or so, and that can make for some trouble seeing all the characters. One time I was there, we saw all 4 in the first 5-10 minutes (which meant no one was getting any characters on the other side of the restaurant). On another occasion, we saw three of the four over time, but we didn't see Eeyore until over an hour had elapsed. As Eeyore is my wife's favorite character, there was no way in you no where that we were leaving before he showed, so I kept going back for more food and desserts until I was about ready to explode. Now, when we want to see Eeyore, we just go visit him at the Animal Kingdom meet and greet.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Character Dinner for adults

Another option is 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Dinner is with all the characters from Cinderella. It's fun, and we really like the food. We would go there without the kids.

Huntsville, Al.
Level Contributor
121 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Character Dinner for adults

You made some good points GoPenguins. They do have a lot of area to cover. It was just several different things that made our dinner a disappointment for us, character interaction being just one of them.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Character Dinner for adults

Eeyore is a favorite of my daughter's too.

He's a little too cheery for me

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Character Dinner for adults

That figures carmela !! lol :)))))))))))))))

Hamilton, Ohio
Level Contributor
299 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Character Dinner for adults

We as adults went to Tusker House in Animal Kingdom and Hollywood and Vine in Hollywood Studios and loved both.