We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fire by Sea World

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Fire by Sea World

I saw on the news this morning that there was another brush fire over by Sea World. The picture showed one of the entrances to SW and the fire so close by. Does anyone have any updates on this fire or if any damage was caused to SW?

Thanks!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fire by Sea World

Try www.wesh.com for local information

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fire by Sea World

Per the below article in the Orlando Sentinel the fire has been contained, and there is no damage to structures or injuries to persons. Some rain is moving through the area, so hopefully that will help the situation. particularly in the bigger fires around I-95 by the coast:

orlandosentinel.com/news/…

www.orlandosentinel.com is also a good place to check out what is going on with the fires.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fire by Sea World

Man I hope it pours over the next couple of days, sorry for those there. But we are driving down next week and i do not want to go on an alt route.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fire by Sea World

Some significant rain fell overnight and that should give the Firefighters the break they really need.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
82 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fire by Sea World

We just arrived home 2 hours ago. We were staying at The Residence Inn next door to Sea World. When the fire broke out we were gone but when we returned it took us 45 minutes to get detoured off the freeway and around to the only one entrance they had open. The smoke was pretty bad but they had it under control. We were informed that if the fire alarm went off during the night to go out to the pool area. When we got up the next morning it was raining and the fire was out. And just the night before that they closed the same freeway (Interstate 4) because the police shot an armed carjacker they had been chasing. Then tonight our flight was delayed on the runway because President Bush had just landed in Orlando. Wow it's good to be home!!!!

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fire by Sea World

Any more news on these fires? Heading out tomorrow and a bit worried by all of this.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fire by Sea World

don´t worry... if i read correct the fire is o u t ... ?!

have fun over there... 36 days to wait :-(

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fire by Sea World

Just monitor the three tv news websites for the most current fire information (wkmg.com, wesh.com, wftv.com). We do have a chance of rain every day this week, so we're hopeful we can get the fire situation under control. The news said it was believed that the fire by Sea World was started by someone throwing out a lit cigarette. It's important that everyone be extremely careful while everything is so dry. They even had a fire backstage at Universal Studios this week, caused by their fireworks show.