We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aug/Sep or May for WDW & Bahamas cruise?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Aug/Sep or May for WDW & Bahamas cruise?

Hi guys,

As I am completely unknown of the tropical weather patterns of Florida I have confused myself as to when to go!!

We will be doing a cruise to begin with & the hurricane threat is a worry as is the storm/rain chances for Aug/Sep. But would May cost us a load more or be much busier in the parks?

Any suggestions appreciated :-)

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,973 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aug/Sep or May for WDW & Bahamas cruise?

"We will be doing a cruise to begin with & the hurricane threat is a worry as is the storm/rain chances for Aug/Sep"

It's true that August and September are peak hurricane months, but ship's radar allows them to spot any tropical disturbance and go around it. Just make sure you have insurance for your cruise in case you decide to cancel. In contrast, May woulod be so much less risky.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,432 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aug/Sep or May for WDW & Bahamas cruise?

may

Graysville...
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aug/Sep or May for WDW & Bahamas cruise?

I would pick May if you could. Less rain too.

4. Re: Aug/Sep or May for WDW & Bahamas cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 06:17