We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

london
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

Me and my boyfriend have booked to go to Orlando in September 2013. It is our first time out of Europe and I will turn 21 whilst out there and i am so excitetd to celebrate my birthday swimming with dolphins. We are buying all our park tickets and discovery cove from Floridatix before we go as they do a 14 day ultimate ticket to all the main parks. My questions are-

1. has anyone found a ticket bundle at a better price than £447? this is for all 6 disney parks, both universal, sea world, aquatica, wet n wild, busch gardens. (we are buying discovery cove seperate, hoping to find just a dolphin swim ticket since most of the ones we have found include seaworld and aquatica which we dont need)

2. if i change up £1000, roughly $1500, will that be enough? my boyfriend will probably be taking aroung $100 dollars so do you think $2500 will be enough for the both of us for 2 weeks, this will be for food and shopping only. we are planning to go to the outlets the day before we leave which is also payday for me!

If anyone could please help i would be greatful, we are staying at doubletree on I Drive which i have read has cheap restraunts near by.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

How are you getting to the parks and to/from the airport?

Will you be spending the whole days in the park?

Personally I think it is crazy trying to fit in 13 park days and shopping into a 14 day holiday. I would leave out wet n wild and Busch Gardens and give yourself some down time and time to enjoy your hotel and do more shopping.

That would give you more flexibility with your budget as well as your time.

You are young so you will be back and can get to some of the places next time.

Livingston...
Level Contributor
501 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

We always buy the 14 day tickets because it gives us the flexibility. We can go shopping during the day and spend the night in one of the parks.

We paid £439 for the Orlando Freedom Ticket which includes all Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, Seaworld etc.

4 years ago I took my credit card with a £2,500 limit on it and maybe spent just over £1000 on shopping mainly. Also had some cash aswell. This done me fine aswell as splitting food bills. I'm a big spender buying designer stuff so I'd budget depending on your needs when shopping. I buy a top in every colour.

Just remember if you are eating in the parks though it will be more expensive. And if you are hiring a car, budget for the parking fees :)

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
146 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

Hi, being from the US I can't help you with the total amount of money to bring but I would suggest you check ahead with car rental agencies if you plan to rent. I'm pretty sure you have to be 25 to rent or drive a rental car.

Also check to see if you have, or can get a credit card with NO foreign transaction fees. That way you can charge almost everything and pay it off as soon as you get home. This would avoid carrying such large amounts of cash. Not every hotel has an inroom safe. My daughter lives permanently in Europe so that is what I do when we visit. I also use my personal bank debit card to withdraw cash from local bank ATM's. Again saves the risk of losing cash or having it stolen.

I think your multipark 14 day pass sounds wonderful. I know I'd spend even more to get something similar here. But you will need down time, as suggested. Enjoy your planning and enjoy your trip. All kids will be back to school by the beginning of September.

london
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

thank you for the comments everyone!

i should of mentioned we are not renting a car and have free transfers to all parks. included in our holiday are coach transfers to and from the airport. we are leaving out epcot and maybe one of the waterparks. we wont know how tired we will get or how long we will spend in each park until we are out there, but i thought the flex ticket was a good idea so we have the option. the credit card limit sounds like a good idea! i was worrying about having that much cash left in hotel room/ taking with us every day

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

I went in September 2012, i had already purchased park tickets and transfers to and from the airport before hand, i was room only accommodation. so i took £2000 for 2 adults for 2 weeks, i found buying the souvenir cups in the parks saved a lot of money on my drinks the sea-world cup you can use in sea-world, aquatica and bush gardens so no need to keep buying more cups, we ate out every day/night sometimes fast food, but mostly restaurant's and all we spent was £1200 and we didn't have 2 money watch.

london
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

thank you courtney, sounds like we will have enough money :)

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

Im going in may. All park tickets bought. Will have $3000 for two adults and a four year old.. Which im hoping is plenty! We tend to soend as little as possible on the first week, and avoid malls on the first week. So then the 2nd wk we have a better idea of what we can spend.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

I'd consider downgrading your tickets. You don't need 14 days unlimited for all parks, and with you mentioning that you are not going to Epcot then I'd suggest that you have a look on http://www.magicaltickets.co.uk/ and the various ticket options on there. Specifically it sounds like either the Magical 'Value' (MV) ticket (£362) or the Magical 'Yourway' (MY) 14 day ticket (£392) might suit your needs better. You can get exact details on the website, but basically it still gives you 14 days unlimited to Universal, SeaWorld, IoA etc etc, but includes a set number of Disney visits (should still be enough for you).

My mate done a lot of ticket research last year and he found them to be the cheapest, they also seem to be the cheapest from the research I have done and they are who I am likely to use.

london
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

i shall visit this site and have a look thank you!

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Spening Money 2 Weeks in Orlando and Ticket question?

i disargee busch gardens is one of the best parks in the state you should most deffintly keep it.