We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Few questions before making hotel decision

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Few questions before making hotel decision

i am planning to stay with my 2 daughters travelling in June 2013 and thinking of staying at Fairfield Inn and suites 12191 S Apopka Vineland road . After checking with hotel and Lynx website I am confused about the distance of Lynx bus stop near the hotel . Pls advise how far would the closest Lynx bus stop be ? Palm Parkway seems to be very far !! Secondly would it be safe to walk in the night around 11pm with 2 girls back to the hotel ? I am looking at public bus as Fairfield Hotel has last shuttle at 1045 from Epcot which I think looks difficult to catch after watching fireworks at 10 pm at Magic Kingdom

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Few questions before making hotel decision

Scan will probably be able to give you better bus service plans but , the hotel you refer to is on the wrong side of the interstate to make Palm Parkway an easy walk, I think you would need 2 buses to get to your location.

The distance to Disney isn't very far but the bus route takes you in the wrong direction , a taxi wouldn't be very expensive , especially if you walked to the Contemporary & got a Disney bus to DTD got a taxi from there they run until about 2am

If you post on the Orlando forum you may find someone who has stayed at the particular resort

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,018 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Few questions before making hotel decision

I believe this is the Fairfield I spent a night in last October. If so, it's right next to the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista (old Sheraton Safari). I just walked through the Sheraton parking lot over to Palm Parkway to catch the Lynx. It's more than a few feet but not too bad.

This is a very nice Fairfield, BTW!

Edited: 03 February 2013, 13:28
Tellico Plains...
Level Contributor
635 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Few questions before making hotel decision

If you are planning to stay out that late I would seriously consider staying on property. Not that it would not be safe , I don't know for sure. But the little ladie's will probably be very tired and you are already walking enough in the parks 4-5miles per day. Look at the Value resorts and the Moderate resorts. If you use specials that are currently available during your stay you may not be getting a deal outside of Disney as good as you think. Disney transportation picks up every 15mins at every location at Disney. They have several buses for each resort. To me it would be safer and since you like to stay till parks close you could take advantage of Extra Magic Hours. This would give you more time in Disney parks.Good Luck on whatever you choose!

pa
Level Contributor
54,194 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Few questions before making hotel decision

I would also suggest looking at a Disney Resort. You would free and easy transport as well as many other perks. It would make your holiday stress free and of course very fun. The current discounts run til mid June, more discounts to follow

5. Re: Few questions before making hotel decision

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 06:17