We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proof of age needed for 2 years 11 months old toddler ?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Proof of age needed for 2 years 11 months old toddler ?

My sone is 2 years and 11 months but he looks like a 4 year old. Since kids below 3 years age are free at Disney but since he looks older than his age, should I carry a copy of his birth certificate with me at the parks ?

Thanks

bantu

jthomas2
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Proof of age needed for 2 years 11 months old toddler ?

Hi! I've taken my daughter several times since she was little (she's 8 now) and I have NEVER had anyone ask me about her age. Actually, you can go to the gate to buy tickets for your entire family without them being present...sometimes, families wait off to the side, especially when small children are involved, just for the sake of ease. And when you get to the entry gate (separate from the ticket purchasing area), YOU slide your pass through. The employees there really just help with passing the tickets through the machine. So, no I wouldn't worry about it at all.

With that being said, however, if it bothers you, perhaps you should just make a copy and stick it in your wallet. It will likely just make you feel better however. HAVE FUN!!

Orlando
Level Contributor
856 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Proof of age needed for 2 years 11 months old toddler ?

I always carry a photocopy of birth certificates and passports, if applicable, whenever I travel. The other reason you may need to have those along is for the airline as proof of age for them also. It never hurts "just in case"....Have a great trip.

UK
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Proof of age needed for 2 years 11 months old toddler ?

Remember if you take a copy of your passport it MUST BE CLACK AND WHITE not colour - colour is illegal!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1,082 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Proof of age needed for 2 years 11 months old toddler ?

My children are very tall for their ages and look older than 3, but Disney has never asked for proof at all. How could they? They don't say they require it so how could you be expected to have it?

Once they hit 3 years old, I "man up" and pay child fare, though. Otherwise, karma will kill you with long ride lines!

Virginia
Level Contributor
194 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Proof of age needed for 2 years 11 months old toddler ?

When we were in Disneyland/CA a family with an "under 3" child in a stroller was stopped because the child "looked older". The person at the entrance called for additional guidance on the matter. We didn't stay around to see the final outcome. If I were in that situation, I would bring proof of age so not to be held up and/or to avoid any embarrassment.