We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida , orlando - One week

Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Florida , orlando - One week

Hi all , me and the wife are off to orlando in two weeks for one week , and we are worried about :

- What parks to see first , and what are the best !!!

and second ,

- How much money to take for one week ?

also if you could recommend any other activities please do thanks .

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,486 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

martinbaggins,

Welcome to the Orlando forum. You're leaving in two weeks and you don't have a plan of what to see and in what order or how to budget for your trip? You have a lot of catching up to do very quickly and I'm not sure you can get all your answers here in time.

You could peruse this http://www.frommers.com/destinations/orlando but it's only an overview. A guide book would be a much better choice. I can't tell from your profile where you're from, so it's hard to suggest specific titles.

pa
Level Contributor
54,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

Welcome to the forum

Visit all 4 Disney Parks

Visit both Universal Parks

That will take up 6 of your 7 days, a rest day in the middle might be welcome :)

Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

hi , thanks for reply , how much money do we need ?? and we are going to Disney ,as we have a flexi plus ticket which include:

universal

island of adventure

sea world

aquatica

busch gardens

wet and wild

thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

Animal Kingdom closes earlier than other parks. If you should visit there, you might want to spend that evening exploring Downtown Disney.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,187 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

Martin, you say you're staying only a week? But you have tickets for 10 parks?

You'll have to figure something out there :)

Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

hey , yeah i know we have tickets to alot of park just not sure which one to miss out really , a week aint long enough , any ideas on money !!! cheers

pa
Level Contributor
54,251 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

We budget about $100 a day for 2 adults for Meals, we eat a nice Table Service Meal each night, counter service for Breakfast and Lunch, usually splitting a meal at both. We don't go shopping so don't include that in the Budget

I would leave out wet-n-wild for sure. Will you have a car rental ? Busch Gardens is not in Orlando so you will need to take a bit of drive or use a Shuttle

UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

Wow. Okay, you've got a flexi-plus ticket and a full week.

Are you renting a car?

You can cut some time - IF YOU'RE GOOD - by doing both Universal Studios and Islands Of Adventure on the same day. Make sure you get there early, ideally before opening (both parks are five minutes walk from each other). Don't forget - you have to walk through Citywalk before getting to the parks. Best bet - do Islands Of Adventure first. Go in, and head round through Seuss Landing (ignore rides here unless you really want to do them) and straight for Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey. Get that done. Do a few other things in Potter Land (mainly Dragon Challenge), then do the Jurassic Park River Ride, Rip-Saw Falls, Bluto's Bilge Rats, Spiderman and Hulk. If you're good, you can manage these by lunch or early afternoon, grabbing something to eat as you go. Then go to Universal and go on Despicable Me, Rip Ride Rockit, Mummy, Men In Black, Simpsons, ET (if you really want) and Terminator.

Wet n Wild - I'd give this a miss. It does have better slides than Aquatica, but I prefer Aquatica.

SeaWorld - again, ensure you get this early and grab a show timetable and a map (SeaWorld is seriously confusing to find your way around). You'll need to plan your day "on the fly" here to make sure you do everything. If you want to save time, do the "walking" route instead of the "helicopter" route at Wild Arctic - you get through to the exhibit a lot faster as there's a smaller queue, but you don't "go on" the simulator.

Busch Gardens - great park, a fair number of excellent coasters (Montu, Cheetah Hunt, Kumba, Sheikra, but Gwazi isn't that good).

As said, you CAN do Islands Of Adventure and Universal Studios in a day. Busch Gardens is another full day, as is SeaWorld. What you can do is go to Aquatica early morning until you're fed up (to be honest we normally go from 10-ish until 3-ish), then go to SeaWorld or Universal / Islands Of Adventure for the remainder of the afternoon to mop up some rides. As such, I'd leave Aquatica until near the end so you know what park you want to spend a little extra time in. I probably wouldn't bother with Wet n Wild.

Don't forget Downtown Disney - an excellent shopping area that's open until REALLY late!

After this, I'd spend the remaining two days at Magic Kingdom and Epcot, in that order. Or possibly both days at Magic Kingdom (depends on what you want, and what deals on tickets you can get).

PS - I'm thinking you've actually got six full days there with this.

My suggested itinerary:

Day 1 - either SeaWorld or Universal & IoA

Day 2 - either SeaWorld or Universal & IoA

Day 3 - Busch Gardens

Day 4 - Aquatica, and finish up at either SeaWorld or Universal & IoA

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom or Epcot

Day 7 - returning home?

EDIT - make sure you go on the official websites for each park and look at the maps, and also what attractions are what. That way you know roughly where things are and what you want to do. Print them out if you want too.

Edited: 07 February 2013, 08:39
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

I've been for a week quite a few times. You wont see everything but no matter which parks you choose, you will still have a fab time! I agree with partypa, we usually budget around $100 per adult for food, thats more than enough. Personally, I love Epcot (especially at night, walking round the world showcase) and Seaworld. My parents are just back and said that Harry Potter world is also great. Make sure you visit Downtown Disney aswell :-)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Florida , orlando - One week

Have a great vacation, I'd normaly say don't try to do everything in the first few days, but with you only going for 7 days that may be difficult !!

See links below for idea's.

Driving the Length of I-Drive

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WG8vkGSCuQ

Driving to Contepery

www.youtube.com/watch…

Arriving at Universal & IOA

www.youtube.com/watch…

Busch Gardens walk through

www.youtube.com/watch…

Universal walk through

www.youtube.com/watch…

Sea World walk through

www.youtube.com/watch…

MK walk through

www.youtube.com/watch…

www.youtube.com/watch… ated

myflorida.org.uk/htm_pages/my_florida_useful…

www.kissimmee-us192.com/british/driving.htm

www.youtube.com/watch…

ajg