We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Topic
Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

We're going to be celebrating a 21st birthday, & were thinking it would be fun to have a drink & some type of food at as many of the bars as we can handle. We were thinking of something along the lines of a progressive dinner with drinks. Our biggest concern is this would be on a Saturday evening. Will the restaurant bars be packed that evening, or should 4 people be able to find a seat? I don't want to make ADRs, because we wouldn't be ordering full meals. I wouldn't feel right about doing that to the server or other guests who may want that table (just personal opinion). If you think we can get in, which of the restaurants have a walk-in bar? I've seen a bar at a few of the restaurants, but never really looked for one. I'm sure I've missed some. Which are the best? I'm thinking we'll want to start with the best in case we can't make it to all of them.

Our other idea was to do the same thing at the Boardwalk area. DH thinks DTD would be more fun. He may be right for a 21 yr. old, but I'm afraid getting a seat at the bar will be more difficult in DTD on a Saturday.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,688 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

You can eat at the bar at Raglan Road - it's a good atmosphere

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

Raglan Rd, Paradiso 37, House of Blues all have food & bars. We never make ADR's at any of these, if you're happy to sit at the bar just walk in. There is also a nice little bar (the Porch Bar) outside House of Blues that has a singer/guitarist on in the evenings, great little spot. Raglan Rd often has singers in their outside bar too. There are more options at DTD than the Boardwalk,

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

Thank you both for the reply. Should four of us be able to get into these on Saturday evening/night? We've eaten at Raglan Road & House of Blues a few times, but I never noticed the bars. Then again, I wasn't looking for them. The birthday boy loves music. The bars with music will be perfect. Does Raglan Road have an indoor & outdoor bar? Another question I just thought of. His girlfriend isn't 21. Do any of these revert to a 21 & over venue at a certain hour? We could plan to visit those first. Thanks again for the help. :)

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

Raglan Road brilliant atmosphere, DTD is a fantastic place in the evenings. Friendly, safe and a great place to have fun.

Have a great 21st.

When are you having your party.

We go to Orlando 19th April for 2 weeks !!!

ajg

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

There are 2 bars inside Raglan Road and 2 outside bars. What time of year are you going? We've always managed to get a seat at the bar inside, sometimes only 2 of us sometimes 4.

The bar at House of Blues is right opposite the front door, just go in and walk right to the end of the restaurant, but the Porch Bar is better IMO.

No she won't be thrown out you don't have to be 21 to be in any of these bars.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

http://www.raglanroad.com/entertainment

Florida
Level Contributor
713 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

USLovers, you know DTD better than I do & we live an hour away. :lol: I'm doing last minute planning. We'll be there next weekend. :O Thanks for the additional info. You've been very helpful.

ajgloveflorida, it's actually our son that's turning 21, but I appreciate the sentiment. Obviously, I've been legal for several years. ;) Have a great trip in April. Two weeks will be perfect!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

I spend a lot of time at Raglan Road. If you're about in the afternoons they have happy hour in their outside Hole in the Wall bar from 3pm to 7pm, $2 off a pint of all beers on tap and house wines. Say "Hi" to Amy & Matt the bartenders :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

Try the top open air terrace at the new bowling alley/restaurant....where the Virgin store used to be.

Beer in super iced glasses and good menu.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,968 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Downtown Disney Restaurants With Bars

there is also Bongo's and Paradiso