We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cold on Sunday ...HS or AK?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Cold on Sunday ...HS or AK?

Which park has more indoor attractions....traveling with 8 and 2 yr old

pa
Level Contributor
53,896 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cold on Sunday ...HS or AK?

DHS has more indoor shows and rides

But

Animal Kingdom is good when it is a bit cooler, the Animals love it so they are out and about more.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cold on Sunday ...HS or AK?

The high on Sunday in Orlando is supposed to be 56 degrees (per Accuweather), which would be great here in Pittsburgh (where it will be in the 20's), but awful for Florida. Partypa is correct that there are a lot more indoor activities at HS than at AK. One other thing to consider is that HS is a lot more compact than any of the other parks, so you aren't spending lots of time going between attractions, which is a also a plus.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,713 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cold on Sunday ...HS or AK?

While you are outdoors more at AK, the time I most enjoyed AK was a cold day, with highs in the 50s. I was wearing my winter coat and gloves, but it was the first time I really "got" the "animal " part of AK. Not only was it finally comfortable enough for me to walk around the animal exhibits, but as Partypa noted, the animals are much more active in cool weather. The tigers were walking around, and the monkeys very active. It was really an excellent time to visit AK.

4. Re: Cold on Sunday ...HS or AK?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 05:17