We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

Hurst, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

After our absolutely wonderful trip last [late]August, we can't wait to go back... we have tickets and reservations in the Fort Wilderness Campground for December 8 through 14... wondering what to expect from both the weather and crowds. Thanks so much!

Robert

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

Crowds will be pretty low & the weather unpredictable. We've been many times in early December and have always had fab weather, it gets a bit chilly in the evenings. It's the best time of year to go, IMO, the Christmas decorations are fabulous and Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party is a great night.

pa
Level Contributor
54,302 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

I agree, great time to go for low crowds and pretty good weather :)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

Here is historical Orlando temperature information for December:

accuweather.com/en/…

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,326 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

We hope to be going the first week of December this year, we went end nov, beginning of dec in 2011. We had 5 days, it was freezing the whole time. We went for the Christmas stuff (not the weather), so it was okay but a little too cold for me. Just be prepared for everything :)

lancashire england
Level Contributor
82 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

been first two weeks of december every time we come over from the uk(4 times) the weather has never been bad warm in the day cooler in the evening maybe but qorth it for the low crowds and short queing times .

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

It's a nice time to be here I think. As for weather, well, it won't be like August that's for sure! It really can vary greatly. The first thing to understand is that when people say "freezing" it probably wasn't. For example, we've had a few of those posts this week. The reality is that it was in the 60s. Admittedly, on Wednesday, that was coupled with a very cutting wind so it did feel very cold especially when the sun went down. I actually remember princess' reports from 2011 and chuckling at the assessment of freezing when she is from New York! I don't recall the day she arrived, but there were some 80 degree highs the last week of November that year, but indeed, a front came and there were several days where it struggled to get out of the 60s. It was never actually "freezing" that week though that range of up to 80 and down to the 30s, even the 20s, is possible. They don't tend to be sustained highs or lows though. For example, it's not going to be 30s all day long. When the sun comes out it will quickly warm up. Sometimes that "warm" is still cold only 50s or 60s. But there is a strong chance you'll see the 50s and 60s only at night with 70s in the day. That means shorts are possible during the day. But you'll almost certainly need more than that in the morning and evenings. And you have to pack for both extremes.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,326 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

It was freezing (even during the day), the pools were empty, I had a sweatshirt (wish I had brought something heavier). Going first week of December this year, so let's see what happens (I will be prepared for both). USL is going to be there the same time, she has guaranteed me good weather...lol lol

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

USL doesn't feel the cold through all the alcohol!!!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

Very funny 1031, although there could be an element of truth in that!!

princess it is always fab weather when we go, no worries :)

Edited: 15 November 2013, 14:37
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,326 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: December 8th through 14th - Crowds(?) and Weather (?)

There's my mistake, I must take up drinking during the day....lol lol