We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment Book - Saved 10% on Port Orleans

Hudson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
68 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Entertainment Book - Saved 10% on Port Orleans

Just thought I'd throw this out there - I bought the Orlando Entertainment book ($22 including shipping) and they had a coupon in there to book through Hotels.com with a 10% discount. Hotels.com had the same price for Port Orleans Riverside as booking direct with Disney and the other on line sources I found so we ended up getting the hotel for $149.xx vs $166 per night as listed as the current Disney special. More than paid for the book with this one discount alone.

The only downside is that they charge your CC right away for the entire stay - so be careful with this but they do allow you to cancel without fees up to a certain point which helps.

This is our first time staying on Disney property so I'm hoping this is a nice hotel - seems like people have had a good experience there.

It appears there are lots of discounts for local restaurants and mini-golf which we use a lot along with other national discounts.

Just wanted to pass it along as I haven't come across any other discounts off the on site Hotels.

We are staying the next 4 nights at Emerald Isle so we're hoping the book with save us $$ for local restaurants, etc..

Hope this helps - didn't even know this discount was in the book until I recieved it..

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainment Book - Saved 10% on Port Orleans

That's very interesting. I am not sure if I have ever read of anyone using an Entertainment card ot get a discount, but I hope that it works for others who want to try it.

pa
Level Contributor
54,105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Entertainment Book - Saved 10% on Port Orleans

Did that price include tax ?

I have never heard of this type of deal. I do see deals through other travel sites and they also want the whole reservation to be paid in full, in advance. If you book with Disney or an official Disney Agent, you only pay a Deposit when you book, room only reservation has a deposit equal to one nights rate and the balance isn't due til check in

What is the No Fee cancellation time frame ? If you know

What dates have you booked ?

Port Orleans Riverside is a great Resort

www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851271

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Entertainment Book - Saved 10% on Port Orleans

Yes, be sure to look for the tax; 12.5%. If tax is not included, that would make your room $167.63/night. Disney reservations are tax inclusive.

Did they give you a "Disney" reservation number, so you can book your dining at 180+ days? Booking dining before the public, is one of our favorite perks.

If both answers are "yes", you may have found a nice little discount.

Hudson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
68 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entertainment Book - Saved 10% on Port Orleans

Sorry for the delay in responding to the questions - out of town for a few days.

There is no penalty cancellation through March 8th for our reservation on March 13th. The $149 was prior to tax - the total for 2 nights is $351.22 with tax after the 10% discount. Unfortunately the pricing for Port Orleans on the Disney Website is already been raised up so I can't compare any more but at the time it seemed that I was going to save about $30 vs booking direct.

Good point about the Dining - but we aren't making any reservations so I didn't even think about that. We were not given a Disney reservation number. We were given a "Garden View" for that price so I'm not sure if that's the lowest level room or not. I'm assuming it is.

The biggest issue was that I had to pay for the entire stay up front. But 2 nights for us wasn't a big deal - I suppose it could be for some if you were booking for a week or more.

I can tell you that the book has the 10% off for both Hotels.com and Expedia.com and I also used it to book a hotel for this coming weekend and it saved us vs booking through the local hotel direct. They are multiple use coupons as it provides you with a specific website to use through Hotels.com and a coupon code.

There are lots of other off-Disney coupons that will save us money during the trip from golf, to airboat rides, mini-golf, and lots more. There are also discounts for Disney tickets - but they were a couple dollars more than undercovertourist.com so we went with them again. Also - they do have a decent discount for La Nouba - haven't checked it out vs. the online Cirque club yet but will shortly.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,517 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Entertainment Book - Saved 10% on Port Orleans

Sounds good.

6. Re: Entertainment Book - Saved 10% on Port Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 07:15