We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed choosing extra options

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
489 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed choosing extra options

Hi all. As you already may know,me, adult dd and 5 yo dgd taking a budget trip in mid April for 7 days. Ive managed to pay off basics this week...air, resort, Dis tix and food budget. The good news is the overtime at work is still rolling in, so we are lucky enough to be able to add some extras. : o ))).

Ive already decided for photopass and will be prepaying that shortly. We only have 4 park days, but can hop. We will have up to 3 waterpark days.

Weve sort of decided against cindy castle meal. It seems super spendy and opens a can of worms as far as having to spend more to wardrobe her appropriately and time spent not doing other things in the park etc. It just seems like such a waste of resources for our situation. Are we wrong on this? Please chime in kindly, I can take it. What about BBB? They have a $60 package that sounds fun and doable. That is in the castle. Yes? Do ya all think that would be a nice alternative? Are photopass photagraphers at bbb? I also thought chef micky or park fare for dinner on water park day would be a nice character meal without wasting park time. Are photopass there also? Which would be best and how should we dress her? Any other ideas out there? Campfire at fort wilderness is also on agenda, shell love it. Sorry for all the ?? Trying to make the most of our time and $$ . Thanks!!

chicago
Level Contributor
8,206 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed choosing extra options

We enjoyed an afternoon at the polynesian, they had free kids activites on the beach, you can also stay for the fireworks

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed choosing extra options

If you want a princess dining experience that is less expensive than Cinderella's Castle, I recommend Akershus in Norway at Epcot. 4 or 5 of the princesses visit the tables, and you get a group picture with one of the Princesses, usually (always?) Belle, on your way in. At breakfast in particular it is significantly cheaper than eating at the castle.

If you are going dress your granddaughter in a princess costume, I strongly recommend going to the Disney Store at home before you leave. The have the same princess dresses for $10 or more cheaper than if you buy them at Disney World.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed choosing extra options

We just did behind the seeds tour at Epcot for 15$ a person it was a great extra my DD (7) loved it. We also did family magic tour at MK around 30-40$ each if you can swing it do it. The tour was amazing we did a scavenger hunt around the park we got to hop on rides ahead of the line meet characters along the way just for us. We really loved it my DD said it was the best thing she's ever done

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
982 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed choosing extra options

Will you daughter be interested in pin trading? I ask because it is something that I never thought about before we went, but when we arrived on our first trip suddenly both children had to have the pin lanyards. It is fun, because each park has different pins that you can buy to add to your lanyard, and the kids can choose pins that reflect their experiences.

However, it can add up quickly! The starter lanyards that come with a few pins are about $20 and then pins are $7-10. Each. If it is a remote possibility, you may want to earmark $40 or so...

As for Photopass at BBB and restaurants, here is the site with information:

disneyphotopass.com/skins/…AboutDPP.htm

It looks as if you have to purchase their tableside packages (around $30, I think, but we haven't purchased them in a few years) in order to get the photos added your Photopass.

Elk Grove Village...
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed choosing extra options

I second the idea of pin trading. It can be fun for all ages, and my just-turned 4-year-old loves it. If you decide to give it a try, I strongly recommend buying some pins on ebay to get started. There are several highly rated sellers on ebay that sell pins in groups of 25 or 50. I have usually been able to get 25 pins in the $15 range. Compare that to the $6 or more per pin in the parks. I find that buying a batch on ebay is a great way to build up a stock of pins for my daughter to trade way in exchange for ones that she really wants.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed choosing extra options

Yes pin trading is a must for my DD she now has over 150 pins on a bulletin board at home. We always buy a special year pin. You can buy lots of pins on eBay be sure to read the seller feedback to know your getting real pins there are some fakes out there.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,100 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help needed choosing extra options

Your 5 year old DGD is at the perfect Princess age. I would opt for the Princess experiences now, while she still believes in the magic. This would include a Princess meal, gown and BBB.

We think there is nothing as magical as a Cindy's Castle meal. We love the beautiful castle, special time in the lobby with Cinderella, being called the Royal Fill-in-the-last-name Family, the special surprises, etc. It's wonderful to receive a professional photo with Cindy and one of the castle, included with our meal. Gratuity is also included. It is pricey, but we think worth it.

There are two wonderful alternatives; Akershus in Epcot for B-L-D with 5 of the Disney Princesses (they vary) and 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming and the silly step sisters. Both are less expensive than the castle and lovely venues.

If you choose to take her to BBB, try to plan your Princess meal shortly after her appointment. She will receive lots of extra attention, in her BBB sash, Princess gown, etc. You can bring a Princess costume from home, to BBB. Yes, there are photopass photographers, in the boutique, to capture her magical makeover. Be sure to pack "play clothes" for her to change into, after the BBB and Princess meal.

The BBB is located in the "castle", across from the restaurant. It is a small, but charming area. Be sure to note the crowns, belonging to each of the Disney Princesses, under domes in the center of the room. Beautiful! Only guests with dining reservations are permitted in the main castle, with the turret staircase, chandeliers and stained glass windows.

Enjoy every magical moment!

8. Re: Help needed choosing extra options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 07:16