We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Car Hire at MCO

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Topic
Budget Car Hire at MCO

Hi

I'm looking at booking our car hire for when we go in May.

I usually use rentalcars.com and get an Alamo car - I like that company as you can pick which car you fancy.

But I have just done a quote and its coming out £50 cheaper than Alamo, but its with Budget.

Does anyone have any experience using Budget, e.g. is it on site, can you pick a car, do you queue for ages, and are they hard sell on the extras?

Thanks in advance.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,053 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

Yes Budget is on site

No you don't get to choose your car

The length of time it takes depends how many flights land at one time

The sales people are no worst than any of the others a simple no thanks is all that's needed if you aren't interested in whatever they are trying to sell

I have rented from Budget a few times with no problems at all

Also they usually include an additional driver and often a free upgrade

Edited: 17 February 2013, 19:02
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,328 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

Budget is on site at MCO.

They are one of the "majors" and a national brand. Rental agents make a living selling upgrades and insurance. It's not so much the company as the agent wanting to make money. I have not used Budget at MCO but at other locations you do not get to pick your car. It is assigned to you. But, like all companies if you dont like the car ask for another. If they are cheapest and cheap is important to you- there is no reason to avoid Budget.

Edited: 17 February 2013, 19:08
Mentioned in this post
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,363 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

Really very little to choose between the big companies.

Budget are on site and we used them for years with no problem.Tried to preregister through USrentacar but as we were there for over four weeks, could n't.No hard sell at pick up.

Budget allocate the car but we have exchanged it in the past at Budget on I drive.

In December we went with Alamo in an attempt to preregister and avoid queues.Kiosk would not accept license details but Alamo queue moved quickly. Car developed a fault in Drive and Alamo changed it immediately.

Choose the company offering the best price

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

If you choose Budget you may well be able to use their pre reg system and avoid the dek by going straightnto the garage to getnyourv car

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

Yes I used Budget at MCO back in Sept 2011. You go across the street in the parking garage to pick up the rental car. I didn't get a choice of car and I had a small Nissan hatchback which was clean and pretty new.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
187 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

Here is a code for Thrifty http://thriftycarrentalcodes.com/, you might want to compare.

Also be on the lookout for extra fees orlandotouristinformationbureau.com/transpor…

uk
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

This is the link to the pre reg for Budget

https:/…

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cocoa Beach
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

We most commonly rent from Alamo at MCO, and usually select a Chevrolet Impala from the pool. This time, Priceline.com "negotiated" a deal with Budget, and we currently have a Hyandai Sonata from them. The car was assigned at the counter -- no choice. It had 644 miles on it when we collected it last Wednesday -- there was no queue at about 1:45 p.m., so we were in the car and on our way within about ten minutes. As others have said, the cars are parked in the garage just a few steps across the drive from the terminal, so no shuttle is involved.

The car has a toll transponder mounted behind the rear view mirror on tne windscreen. Because we are using our own SunPass, we confirmed that tne unit was switched off when we picked it up, avoiding redundant toll payments. Renters paying tolls with cash would want to do the same.

Edited: 18 February 2013, 09:23
Mentioned in this post
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
718 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

Our Budget rental was booked as a package with our trip and the confirmation# I received does not work in the pre-registration.

Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget Car Hire at MCO

Just shows how volatile the car rental market is. We are booked to go on 20th July for 2 weeks and want to book a ford escape (or similar) SUV. cheapest I have found so far is Alamo Brits at a total cost of £287 (with 3 free additional drivers). Just looked at budget and they are coming in at a rental cost of £476 for the same period (Budget quote is without additional drivers which if needed will cost me $9 per day extra for an additional driver). Ouch !

If anybody knows cheaper than Alamo Brits that are reliable, Please don't hesitate to share :)

Edited: 18 February 2013, 13:00