We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floridays - Grocery and Dollar Store near-by?

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
233 reviews
Save Topic
Floridays - Grocery and Dollar Store near-by?

Will visit Orlando and Floridays for the first time in April. Saw there's a Publix near-by. How about a Dollar Store so I can stock up on inexpensive kitchen supplies? Any other necessary stores near-by that you've discovered? Thanks!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,209 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Floridays - Grocery and Dollar Store near-by?

Hi jackiepaddy, nice to see you here.

Indeed, there is a Publix around the corner from Floridays which you should be familiar with from Marco. I know getting supplies from the Dollar Store is oft recommended on your forum. I can't think of any near to there though you could use the store locator on Family Dollar or Dollar Tree if you were intent on going to one. Honestly wouldn't bother. The kitchen will be fully equipped in terms of pots/pans/etc. We do our grocery shopping at Publix, but many visitors stock up groceries etc at Walmart.

Western NY
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floridays - Grocery and Dollar Store near-by?

thanks for your quick reply! I like the dollar stores for "extra" kitchen stuff that I like to have but don't want to spend a lot of money on (stuff I leave behind) like plastic storage bags and containers, paper towels, cups, pump soap, etc. I'll look at the store locators.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,209 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Floridays - Grocery and Dollar Store near-by?

I can understand that. There are other "no name" dollar stores about as well as tourist gift shops which you may come across. We have a couple by us and I keep saying I need to take stock of what they have and the prices for comparison purposes. On the fly, I'm 0 for 3 on the idea. I recently purchased generic baby wipes at one since I was walking by and mad when the brand name was cheaper at Walmart the following day. Went specifically to a Family Dollar near our grocery store for foil and some other things at Thanksgiving time, and passed, when I found one of their foils opens and saw how thin it was. A good thing because the same items were not only better quality, but also cheaper at Publix. And did the same at X-mas for some baking supplies at another store. I left when they didn't have all the things I was after and ended up cheaper, better, and everything I needed in one place at Target. Not sure it's worth the nearly $4/gallon effort and extra time. It makes Walmart a good choice because their everyday prices truly are hard to beat on those type of things, they have the groceries, alcohol, and things like sunscreen, etc. A bit manic at times, but one stop and you're done. You're pretty much in between two - Vineland Rd or Turkey Lake Rd location both about 10-15 minute drive.

4. Re: Floridays - Grocery and Dollar Store near-by?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 06:16