We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which park to make sure to do on weekday vs weekend

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
157 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Which park to make sure to do on weekday vs weekend

We'll be headed to Disney/Universal for 3 days in early March. A Saturday/Sunday/Monday. We'll be doing Epcot, Islands of Adventure, and Universal Studios.

Since I expect Monday to have the smallest crowds, which park should we do on that day? My wife is extremely interested in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and I've heard that crowds are bad at that, but Epcot seems like it gets some nasty crowds at its big attractions too. Are either going to be so crowded on the weekend that we should make sure to do that park on the Monday?

manchester
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which park to make sure to do on weekday vs weekend

The Flower and garden festival starts on March 6th so if it maybe busier at the weekend at Epcot if that is when you are going

Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Which park to make sure to do on weekday vs weekend

I would do Epcot on Monday personally. As its huge and difficult to get around in one day IOA is smaller and easier to navigate so Id do that on Saturday and Universal on Sunday.

Ogden, Utah
Level Contributor
157 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which park to make sure to do on weekday vs weekend

We are going the weekend before that so we should miss the flower and garden festival either way.

Sunrise, FL
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which park to make sure to do on weekday vs weekend

Check out the times for all the parks. Try and plan your stay around that (certain days Epcot/Islands/Universal/etc open earlier/stay open later). Epcot's crowds arent "that" crazy (unless its the Food and Wine Festival). You are coming, it seems, right before the parks are to get really crowded (Spring time=Spring Break). Assuming you have a park hopper for Islands of Adventure and Universal, I would save that for Sunday/Monday. Saturday I would go to Epcot.

I just remembered that you may be going during Universal/Islands of Adventure "Mardi Gras" time. If thats the case, see who is performing and what night, that could influence your day as well.

5. Re: Which park to make sure to do on weekday vs weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2014, 06:16