We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
109 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

I'm trying to decide weather to book a package or arrange everything independently for next summer. Obviously, I can't get full prices yet, so I've been working on this years' prices but can't really do that for flights (they are cheaper the earlier you book? Is that right?)

I was wondering what have you paid (we're looking at going for the last two weeks in August). Any rough indication would be great.

Many Thanks

Ernie.

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

Going to Orlando 23 March for 17 nights - 2 adults & 13 son

Flights booked with British Airways - Newcastle - Orlando via Miami £1517.

Staying at Extended Stay Deluxe Convention Centre Pointe Orlando,

- 2 bedded room with lounge area and kitchen - booked direct with hotel £770 -

Total £2287

Conwy, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

We are travelling 20th July - 3rd Aug this year (1st 2 weeks of UK school summer hols). We opted for US Airways as they were coming in substantially cheaper than anybody else @ £800 per person return (Via Philly). Virgin were literally £2000 more expensive for three of us to travel (which is a lot of dollars to spend whilst there!)...

I have kept my eyes on flight prices since I have booked, and they haven't been any cheaper than when I purchased...

We have booked a Villa rather than a package, as we have done both previously on a number of occasions, and prefer the freedom and space that a villa provides over that of a Hotel...

Edited: 18 February 2013, 17:41
County Durham
Level Contributor
103 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

We just booked up a couple of weeks ago for August 11th-25th. Flights with Thomson from Glasgow to Sanford are costing us £778 each, saw them drop from £950 (website is now showing them at £1068). We also booked premium seats for £219 each, now £239.

We had hoped to fly from our local airport, Newcastle, but these flights were about £1150 each, which is what swayed us to travelling up to Glasgow.

plumbridge
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

we are going on 6th July this year for 17 nights and it has cost us around £700 return each for direct flights from dublin with aerlingus.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

I paid £475 each for me, hubby and son for August this year, flying with United/Lufthansa booked through Thomas Cook last October. We booked ours as part of a flight/hotel package for 24 days flying out on the 9th August.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

Going last 2 weeks of August 2013. Paying £420 per flight (return) from Heathrow to Orlando via Newark with United Airlines.

Direct flights were in region of £900 - 1000 when we booked.

London,England
Level Contributor
292 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

We paid £1700 for the flights and a premium car. That's for 3 of us with BA .London-Tampa.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

£380 return open jaw with Delta

Dublin-New York-Orlando

Tampa-Atlanta-Heathrow

End of April for 16 nights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

Paid £619 per flight - going in school holidays for 17 nights, fly out of Heathrow but back into Manchester. Flights are indirect, would have loved to have flown with Virgin but the flights were coming up at 5,000 for 4 flights compared to £2450. Booked these wwith Ocean Florida,flying with Delta.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How much have you paid for flights over Summer?

£384pp from belfast-new york-orlando going 5th May