We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Hire

Hi Folks,

Looking for some advice on renting a car at Orlando International Airport (MC0). This is our first family trip and I just want to leave nothing to chance. Having gone through many of the websites about hiring a minivan, I am presented with lots of confusion around insurance etc. For example, renting from rental cars is suppose to include the following - Insurance ( - Collision Damage Waiver - Theft Protection - 3rd Party Liability - Supplementary Liability Insurance - Uninsured Motorist Protection . However, on reading reviews, on pick up customers where then told they need to pay a $25 per day waiver damage with the actual rental company (eg Budget) as the CDW provided by rental cars did not cover them.

I want to ensure that I have no surprises at the rental pick up location or have to hand out any further cash on arrival. Direction of any sort will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

I would suggest looking at brokers who can give you an 'all in' package.

Try these sites (all regularly recommended on this forum):

www.tripwheels.com

www.usrentacar.co.uk

www.uscarhire.com

Just make sure you chose the right insurance package for you. Do you need more than one driver, will you want a full tank of petrol to be prepaid, these are questions you need to think about.

Personally I always go for the Gold/Platinum option. This gives a minimum of two drivers, covers all charges and taxes and gives a full tank of petrol so you can return empty without charge.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Dublin, Ireland
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

Thanks . Have been looking at the Gold/Platinum options you mentioned. Definitely appear to be the way to go.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire

You're welcome! I hope you get sorted soon.

Regards,

Deaconblue

4. Re: Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2013, 21:05
5. Re: Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 07:15