We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney World in November

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Disney World in November

Hi all!

So our trip is booked for the 4th-18th November 2013, staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and the trip coincides with my birthday so needless to say I'm so excited already! Just wanted to know if anyone has visited around a similar time and what it was like eg. park crowds, weather etc.

Many Thanks!

Lauren

Mentioned in this post
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans...
5,818 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney World in November

We usually go at this time. It's a great time to go, great weather, not too hot, and low crowds. You'll be there for the Food & Drink festival at EPCOT well worth a visit & the start of Mickeys Very Merry Christmas, party a must do. the Osborne lights will be up and running too at DHS.

We have been at various times of the year, January, June, May, July, Oct, but have to say early November or early December are definitely our favourite times to go.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,627 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney World in November

Oh that's great to hear you've made me even more excited now!!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney World in November

I'm very jealous as we're not going this year :(

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney World in November

The last time I was there was almost 9 years ago :O!! so excited to be going again, especially for my birthday, and It'll be my partners first trip so cant wait for him to experience the magic :) Are you planning a trip for next year?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney World in November

Yes definitely, Early December 2014 :)

Off to New England this year for a change :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney World in November

The last time I went was Decemeber and it was just amazing, at least you have it to look forward to! Oh sounds lovely enjoy your trip when it comes, Im sure youll enjoy Disney all the more next year after having a break!

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
628 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney World in November

We were there last November, and the days were split between sunny and overcast with quite bearable temps and only one day of drizzle. We did go to a waterpark and were lucky to haved planned that for one of the first days when it was warmer and sunny. We arrived at the parks early or stayed late, took advatage of the EMH's, and except for AK, left for a break mid-afternoon just at the busiest part of the day. In fact, that was how we knew what time it was without a clock. It always become a lot more crowed around 2 pm! Some of the Chrismas decorations were already up, which you may or may not like.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney World in November

We went end of nov begin of dec 2011, 5 days and we froze. So when you have nice days take advantage for water parks and pools. Just be prepared for all kinds of weather :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney World in November

All sounds good to me, I don't mind it being a bit cooler to be honest, especially since we will be on the go everyday, we are there first two weeks of nov so hoping it'll be just right for us, will make sure to be prepared clothing wise, we live in scotland so used to four seasons in a day! Love the parks at Christmas too so that's an added bonus. Thanks to you both for the info :)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney World in November

I have been there twice in early November, and the weather is much better than just a few weeks earlier because the tropical season is almost always over by then so the amount of rain is usually minimal. Also, as noted above, daytime temperatures are generally mild, but it can get get chilly at night. If you guess wrong and don't have enough warm clothes, you can always buy some in Orlando, which is what we did. Please note that if you are interested in the Epcot Food and Wine Festival, it ends on Nov. 10th, which is well before the last day of your trip:

disneyfoodblog.com/2013/…

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,627 Reviews
Orlando, FL