We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Topic
Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

Hiya everyone,

I am slowly 'going off ' Virgin Atlantic!

I have just been online and the price of a flight doubled within 20 minutes??

I am shocked at how the price of flights has gone through the roof since last year!

I have always loved the direct flights but i'm really not liking the prices at the minute, I have noticed many of you have said you have saved a lot by flying the non - direct route, can anyone help and suggest airlines and how to book as i have just been on American and Delta ( thier own websites) and there isn't much difference to Virgin.

Am i looking in the wrong place?

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

WHere are you based? I know you can fly with a few airlines like icelandair and such and they are cheap. But not direct. I have noticed myself that direct flights have went up in price by more than 50% in the past week.

Another thing you need to remember, is to clear your cookies and check again. If a website knows you have looked, and 20 minutes later look again, they can artificially up the price in the hope that you book it

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

Check Kayak,com

Devon UK
Level Contributor
811 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

We've always gone with 1 stop as the amount we save has ended up being quite a bit towards spending money.

When are you looking at going?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

Try US Airways, they are normally quite cheap, United Airlines, American Airlines. Use a flight search engine like Kayak, they search most airlines, and give you the cheapest flights for your dates.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

United airlines (1stop) belfast-new york-orlando booked in october going in May for two weeks £384pp.. Bargain!

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

Oh and i bookef on uniteds own website

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

mclarenf1........that could be what happened, i was browsing different dates and couldn't believe my eyes when the price doubled.

We are in Doncaster and prefer to fly from Manchester.

We have flown Virgin for the last 6 years but the prices are getting far too much, considering there are 5 of us.

I will start again and see what happens, Thankyou.

Will check that too galway85....Thankyou.

UK
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

Try US Airways from Manchester.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

thankyou for all the replies, I cannot decide between October and December so was looking to see if prices would help me decide.

beverleykk....those flights sound like such a bargain, that would be great!

I did find some flights but the connections had 6-8 hours between and i thought this was a long time to be hanging around an airport, is this to be expected?

The prices were around 300 pounds cheaper but all that time in the airport didn't make me want to save 300 pounds.

County Galway...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flights?!?! are you kidding?? :-0

From manchester look at Aer Lingus the big advantage is you clear immigration/customs in Dublin.