We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ABC Supermarket

Port Glasgow...
Level Contributor
144 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
ABC Supermarket

Hi noticed there is a ABC supermarket very close to our hotel (Carrier drive) . I have tried googling but cant find any details regarding , hours, what they stock, how expensive is it compared to Walmart etc. We arrived in the evening and thought it would be a good place to stock up on some essentials. Does anyone have any experience of this store, good or bad ?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ABC Supermarket

I thought ABC was a liqueur store, maybe I'm mistaken.

Excuse my ignorance, as I've rarely stayed outside iDrive :)

Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ABC Supermarket

hi

It 's not a supermarket its a liquor store

Annie

Edited: 21 February 2013, 12:57
Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
10,085 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ABC Supermarket

The ABC on Carrier Drive is indeed a Supermarket (and not solely a liquor store). It's also a Post Office. It's small, has some alcohol and tobacco and a very basic range of groceries. It is NOT the same company as ABC Liquor (which is nearby on IDrive and is a liquor store).

It has been there many many years, which suggests it can't be all bad, but I haven't any shopping experience on which to base a judgement.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 13:07
Quigley's Point...
Level Contributor
2,764 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ABC Supermarket

oops sorry ...didnt read post properly ...I have never been to the one in carrier drive ..was thinking of the one on IDRIVE

Annie

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,406 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ABC Supermarket

If you have a car, there is a Publix about 2 miles from there that is a regular, full service, supermarket. I can't comment on the ABC because I have had no reason to go there.

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ABC Supermarket

Wouldn't really call this a supermarket, more like a corner shop. It has a very limited range of products and was much more expensive than Walmart, Publix etc. Not far from here is a Walgreens, opposite Wet n Wild - they stock a much larger range of 'essentials' - water, soda, milk, etc and are open 24 hours. I would recommend getting your overnight essentials from there and then going to Walmart, Publix the following day.

walgreens.com/storelocator/storeDetails.jsp…

Port Glasgow...
Level Contributor
144 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ABC Supermarket

Hi guys, picking up hire care the day after we arrive, it was just to get the essentials when we arrive like soda, milk, water and to buy something for breakfast. Once I pick up car willbe able to check out Publix and Walmart. This will be my first time in Florida so they help is appreciated. :-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ABC Supermarket

Stop by a 7/11, for all your needs, that shop in question is not cheap, has tourist trinkets crammed in dusty shelves, so avoid, the ABC store on I-drive is ok but unless your looking for specific booze, publix, Walgreens CVS, or 7/11will suffice till you can get to the big stores..

Phila...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: ABC Supermarket

If you can avoid mailing packages from this store I would. Mailed a package to my address at home, that I pick up at my local post office in PA. They charged me $22. for my package, and when I received it back home, postage was $14!! Postal man, at my Post Office says, ABC Supermarket, pocketed the rest of my money for themselves!!! Either the clerk or the store itself, either way, they lie about your postal cost, and keep the difference for they own benefit!!! My hard earned money, stolen from me, so they can give themselves a nice tip!!! Bastards!!! >:-0

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,440 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ABC Supermarket

TFitt...they probably charged you that extra $8 for so called "handling". Way too much for putting something in a box or envelope, but that's how they get you.