We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advise needed please...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
advise needed please...

finalised our trip for the spring break yesterday..2nd time with my kids..they were too young when we went the first time. they dont even remember it. 10 and 6 yeard old girls

week long trip - planning to do disney for 4 days and 2 days in universal. 1 day for shopping

advise needed on accommodation and theme park tickets. Thinking of hilton homewood suites and nick hotel. Hilton is quite good for family and a lot cheaper than nick. But with nick, i can get the themed suites which my kids would love but have to pay almost 50% extra..Is it worth the money?

where can i get combo pass for both disney and universal at a good price? (if available). Or any other suggestions for tickets?

pa
Level Contributor
53,803 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: advise needed please...

I can't Recomend the Nick, it is a bit crazy, not a relaxing holiday destination, IMHO of course

Have you priced up staying at a Disney Resort, using the current Resort discount ? You wouldn't need a car, that's always a nice bonus, free and easy transportation to all the Disney Parks, as well as from and back to the Airport. For a visit to Universal, you can get the Ticket and transport option at

www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

They pick you up at your Resort and it only costs a bit more than the ticket itself. Be sure to check the Height requirements for Universal Parks, we have found options to be limited for kids under 10

For a day of shopping, a Taxi or the Public Lynx Bus will work.

If you decide on a Disney Resort, you can have your 4 day base ticket added to your reservation, then get the Universal option I mentioned. If you decide to stay somewhere else, discounts on tickets can be found at www.undercovertourist.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,423 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advise needed please...

I don't think it's worth 50% more for a themed room...just my opinion of course. Afterall, you're going to be out & about at the parks (loads of themed whimsy for the girls) and by the time you're back at your suite...they'll probably be tuckered out. You can use the 50% you save and spend it on fun souvenirs to take home, special meals or maybe Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for the princesses.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: advise needed please...

thanks for your reply.

Checked the spring offer with disney resorts. Its almost twice the price of nick and 3 times the price of hilton. Not sure its worth it.

The main thing i like about their resorts is the extra magic hours. but is it worth paying twice the price? Also i hear some of their resorts are pretty basic..nothing good in terms of rooms.

Any other way of "buying" the extra magic hours?

New York
Level Contributor
454 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advise needed please...

I would not stay on site, I think it is a lot of money. I would stay at the hilton, then you have the option of saving money by eating breakfast in the suite. I don't think there is a combo universal/ DW ticket, but you can check visitorlando.com website, they have very good deals.

pa
Level Contributor
53,803 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: advise needed please...

I just priced the Nick, 3 nights @ $269 a night ( $209 plus $60 tax ) = $807

3 nights @ Disney's Pop Century = $405 with the spring discount

6. Re: advise needed please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 07:15