We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

I was in Orlando, Fl, this january and rented a car for vacation at Orlando International Airport. When I got to the Alamo desk, the attendant insisted that my luggage would not fit in the car I had chosen (I had already paid the rent using my credit card at rental cars - a Chevrolet Aveo) . She insisted that I would have to upgrade to a Jeep Cherokee. I asked about the costs several times, but she said it would be pretty much the same, once she would include the GPS and others small taxes only. She didn`t answer my questions and got my voucher from rental cars and my credit card number. Well, when I returned the vehicle, Alamo charged my credit card to $711. As I had already paid #463,47 the total amount came to more than one thousand dollars!!!! They are thieves that use their business to rip-off the clients. Get away from Alamo. I will never rent from this guys again in my life. Very disappointed. And I see this is happening to other people either. Don`t get ripped-off and don`t accept upgrades.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

AS has been said so many times when this subject raises it's ugly head, if you don't want an upgrade say NO. Why did you not take you luggage to the car and see for yourself if it would fit? Many times we have been told the same thing "your luggage won't fit" or " you won't fit" (my DH is 6ft 5") but we just say NO. We never sign for any extras. Never have, never will, JUST SAY NO!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

If you paid with your credit card you should be able to dispute the charge, right? I would suggest that as your very first option.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

Lucky for you, that you used a credit card.

Will largely depend on law in your country, but I would ask your CC provider for a charge back refund. As the desk agent lied to you.

You have fallen foul of an awful practice against foreign tourists. Be prepared for their defense that you signed the electronic form, but hold firm with what you were told at the time.

And yes, next time, JUST say no.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,805 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

Marc....When you rented the car you signed and got a copy of the contract. What was the Total rental charge according to the contract?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
2,998 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

Why didn't you check the cost before you signed.

I feel this is a reasonable question....are you an idiot?

Cheers

Davy !!!

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

Is this going to be another one post wonder, joined today to complain and then never heard of again?

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

Ok, you are the guy who went twice at Marco Polo restaurant. And did not like it in the first time!!! So why did you get there for a second time? Are you an idiot?

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

No, if I get my money back, contacting the credit card, i will let you know. Thanks.

Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

Thanks. That' s what i'm doing.

10. Re: Alamo Rip - OFF - Orlando, Fl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 March 2013, 00:38