We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tyler, texas
Level Contributor
271 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

We will have 3 full days and one 1/2 day in Orlando. We will have a car and staying off-site. Since I am limited on time I need help in planning our 3 1/2 days...there's so much to do in so little time! Fly in Tues at 7pm...have all day/night Weds, Thurs, Fri...flight leaves at 8:30pm on Sat. Which parks would you choose for an 8 year old girl?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

i would say do a day at magic kingdom (everyone loves the magic no matter what age), a day at epcot walking round the world showcase meeting characters and a day at hollywood studios for the rides especially toy story mania!

London, United...
Level Contributor
433 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

my daughter is 8yrs and her favourite parks are magic kingdom, IOA and seaworld plus any of the water parks

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

hI

I would say;

MK

DHS

Seaworld

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,871 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

Magic Kindom,Animal Kingdom &Epcot.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

Magic Kingdom - obvious number 1

Then it depends, if she likes water parks (aquatica) or animals (Animal Kingdom or Busch gardens) but one i would suggest is Seaworld and to see the Shamu show. It's amazing. One world.

Personally, i think Epcot is aimed at older than 10 but thats my opinion. It's not as disney as MK is.

Best thing to do would be to go on youtube and look at videos of each place to get a rough idea as you know your daughter the best :-)

tyler, texas
Level Contributor
271 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

thanks so much!!!! so thankful for TA reporters out there:)

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
968 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Seaworld. are the three I would advise.Magic Kingdom you need at least two days so spending one day you will get a good sample. Plan your day there with what you want to see. Epcot has a great ride Soarin that you should get a fast pass for. It also has some great attractions for children and she will get autographs and pictures with charqacters like Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, etc. The best fireworks are at Epcot as well.If you are there on a Friday , for the next two weeks a world famous Mariachi band will be playing outside of Mexico. She can take pictures with the band and children as well as adults enjoy them. Seaworld is wonderful as well. My favorites there are"Believe" and Clyde and Seymour". The exhibits are wonderful too and you can feed the Sea Lions.

Have a great time.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
968 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

Tuesday night I would advise you to make reservations at Ming Court on International Drive. After 7pm they fill up. The restaurant is beautiful, the food is great and they have Chinese musicians that play after 7pm.

tyler, texas
Level Contributor
271 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

Sounds great! Will do:)

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: top 3 parks for an 8 year old girl

My 9 year olds favorites.

1- Magic Kingdom - Probably everyone's favorite

2- Epcot - Lots of hands on stuff and she likes the rides. Soarin is her favorite. She even likes the World Showcase.

3- Hollywood Studios. Toy Story Mania, Little Mermaid Show, she like Star Tours, Muppets 3D and even the Indiana Jones Stunt Show.

The rest.

Animal Kingdom - She rode Everest and it scared her to death. It was also hot an humid and you walk a lot. She liked the safari and the Nemo play.

Universal Studios - She was 6 when we went, but the Simpsons, Mummy and Men in Black were all rough for her. T2 scared her a little. She liked the Jimmy Newtron ride and the splash park area. I won't take her back until shes a bit older.

IoA - There are a lot of thrill rides. She's never been. I love it. She's not a big harry Potter fan yet. We will be going in 2014.

Sea World - She went when she was 3-4 and loved it, but now doesn't remember much. A 8 year old girl would love it.

Lego Land - Probably more interesting for boys.

Kennedy Space Center - Only if Space really interests her.

I say

1- Magic kingdom

2- Sea World

3- Hollywood Studios.