We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

Originally we werent going to consider Disney on our trip out but the more people we speak to the more we feel to give one or two days as it does sound exciting. We love Disney films but not bothered on meeting characters or anything. A rough schedule of what could happen would be:

October 2014

1. Travel, getting settled, looking around.

2. Saturday - Seaworld with Beluga whales

3. Sunday - Seaworld

4. Monday - Discovery Cove

5.Tuesday - 1/2 day aquatica - evening Halloween night Universal

6. Wednesday - Rest day

7. Thursday - Universal Resort

8. Friday - Universal Island

9. Saturday - Rest Day

10.Sunday - Disney

11.Monday- Disney

12.Tuesday- Disney

13. Wednesday- Free Day

14. Thursday - Afternoon travel out.

Of course it can be mixed up but looking 1-3 days Disney.. what is everyone's preference? I will hold hands up and say one is going to be the Epcot and a full day at that as there is so much to interest us.

The Magic kingdom things that appeal are the big rides and Pirates Carribean though wary as we get lots of rides at one of the Universals.

Hollywood Studios - appeals a lot to my hubby due to Starwars, Aerosmith and Indiana Jones etc

Animal Kingdom - to me sounds amazing, love the idea of the safari trucks etc.

Just worried about putting too much in as we were so sore after one trip to Thorpe Park (though we went all out intense on those rides) lol.

Also have read that day tickets dont start to discount from 4 days upwards, would they still be cheaper than the 14 day UK deal for £252?

We like thrills but also animals and leisure!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

Take a look at this link for Disney ticket prices. If you are only going for 2 or 3 days it will be much cheaper just to buy a 3 day base ticket. $255.95 approx

£170. undercovertourist.com/orlando/…tickets.html

If I had to miss out one Disney park it would probably be either AK or DHS, it's a really hard call as both have great attractions. I would probably buy a 4 day ticket as it's only $11.69 more than a 3 day ticket and try and fit in all 4 parks..

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

What I am about to write is going to sound like sacrilege to my fellow Disney-philes ...

Given how you describe yourselves, if you must skip one park then I would advise skipping Magic Kingdom.

<< ducking objects being hurled at me >>

You already know you want to do Epcot, so that one seems obvious. You allude to liking thrill rides, and you say your husband fancies the themes of some of the rides and attractions at Disney's Hollywood Studios, so your going there seems obvious too.

So now the choice comes down to Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom. Magic Kingdom has some of the quintessential Disney rides, rides with such rich visuals and storytelling that make the place so very magical. Pirates of the Caribbean is a great example of this. You get immersed in a different world, and you can't believe they created anything so amazing, so detailed, so FUN. Splash Mountain is another great example. The log flume aspect of the ride doesn't, in my book, really categorize it as a true thrill ride. But the genius of this ride isn't in the final drop, but rather the 10 minutes before that when you are immersed in the visuals and storytelling of Br'er Rabbit's world. I could go on and on with the magic of other rides. In my opinion, Space Mountain is the only ride in the park that approaches the category of thrill ride.

Compare all that with Animal Kingdom. Aside from the Kilimanjaro Safaris ride, this park has my two favorite thrill rides in all of Walt Disney World: Expedition Everest and Dinosaur. Expedition Everest would be a good noninverting coaster of its own right, But [SPOILER ALERT!] being surprised by being whisked backwards and uphill in the dark and being chased by the Yeti make this a very very special ride. To me, Dinosaur is among the very best Disney has to offer. Picture how a motion simulator ride pitches and yaws and jerks you backwards and forwards. Now place that ride in a vehicle moving quickly along a track. Add incredible Disney audio-animatronics and scenery plus a pulse-pounding adventure story and you have an incredible and unique experience.

So there's my pitch for Animal Kingdom over Magic Kingdom, given what seem to be your preferences. Just do me a favor, let's keep this between us, don't let anybody know I told you this. :-)

Edited: 04 March 2013, 14:13
Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

Duck CleveRocks!!!! lol

If you have never been to Disney then Magic Kingdom is a must IMO. It is Disney at it's best and everyone should visit at least once.

Right you can get up now CleveRocks!

Wisconsin Dells
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

I would agree with what CleveRocks has to say actually. Although I would really reccommend getting park hopper passes especially if you don't have kids who will be visiting with you. I normally start out at opening in the magic kingdom, and hit the rides that I want to hit. then I either hop over to Studios or AK and do what I want to do there. I will then usually finish the day at Epcot for a nice dinner and then Illuminations. I know it is a lot of travel time in between, but with the park hopper you can do what you want. This is really true if you are only planning a couple days.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,525 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

I agree with the above poster, get a hopper and do all 4 in 3 days or get a 4 day and give up a rest day, you can rest at home...lol Also for me one day at Seaworld is more than enough.

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

Brill thanks for the sound advice, as we havent been to Florida before we find it hard to know what could fit in a day. So all the parks definitely worth it and park hoppers good? Any days to definitely avoid e.g. business with certain parks? Thank you for the indepth advice

Wisconsin Dells
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

I have heard from both sides on the topic of what parks to avoid. Me, personally I always avoid the parks with the extra magic hours simply because they are going to be more crowded with resort guests. If you can manage all 4 theme parks and you have never been there before I would say definately go to all 4, and take the time to see each one if you can. They are all amazing parks to a newbie. I always reccommend a park hopper purely because if a park is really busy and you can't even get near attractions you can move on to the next park.

Keep in mind that animal kingdom does close earlier than the rest of the parks, so I usually reccommend going to this park on the day that you are planning on leaving if you dont have a park hopper. If you do have a park hopper I always go to Animal kingdom for a little while and then go take in one of the other parks until closing time.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

If you have never been to WDW, and you are going to try to do 4 parks in 4 days (or even just 3 in 3), you will not need to pay the extra bucks for a hopper as each park has at least a day's worth of activities. I strongly disagree with those who say pick MK over AK, as MK is the greatest amusment park in the US, while AK is a glorified zoo, but even I can kill a whole day at AK and still not see everything. In any event, the best thing is to try and get to all four, and then if and when you get back you can then decide which parks to do more in depth in the future.

pa
Level Contributor
54,378 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

A 4 day ticket is only $16 ( or less if purchased in advance at www.undercovertourist.com) Then a 3 day ticket

If $16 ( or less ) won't break the budget, visit all 4 Parks

Just sayin' :)

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If could only visit two of the Disney parks which two?

I would def go and see ALL 4 parks!! :-)

For me, the FIRST day and first impression of Disney HAS TO BE the MK... well, but that´s just me...

You can easily do HS and AK in one day (start in AK!)

OR just do the 4th park (maybe AK) on a restday and rest after noon :-)