We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

Chicago, Illinois
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

What's the difference b/t the BC Resort and YC Resort? Which is better? Does the YC have the same pool area as the BC? Which one has better rooms and overall facilities?

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
18,347 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

I've only stayed on the Beach side, but they share the pool area, storm a long bay. They each have their own quiet pool. Some say Yacht side has less kids.

Beach side is closed to Epcot.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,540 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

They are "sister" resorts and share all of the same facilities; main pool, beach, health club, beauty salon, quick-service dining (on the Beach Club side) boats, restaurants, etc.

With children, you may prefer the Beach Club. There will be many in residence. The Yacht Club tends to book more conventions, so it is often more "adult" in feel.

The rooms are the same square footage, in similar categories. All Yacht Club rooms have full balconies. Beach Club rooms may have a mini balcony or a full balcony. Yacht Club is closest to the boat dock and Hollywood Studios. Beach Club is closest to the walkway to Epcot.

Beach Club has "beach theme" lobby, rooms and common areas. Yacht Club has "nautical theme" lobby, rooms, etc. There are many pictures on allears.net.

Happy planning!

Edited: 05 March 2013, 23:42
Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

Hiya Chibanker~~~~~I've stayed at both,and prefer the Beach club side. It's closer to the Epcot walkway,and to boardwalk. Yacht Club side is also lovely,and a little more sedate.( A room on ground level by the quiet pool is very nice,and peaceful.)

Yacht side is a tad closer tot he boat dock,for the ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios,and also boat to epcot,if you prefer that to walking.

The rooms on both sides are very similar in design,and very pretty,lght and airy.

I tend to think of it as one huge hotel. It's my FAV resort at Diz.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

We go to the Yacht club, really only difference is the Beach Club has time shares and the yacht club does not.

It is our favorite, location is great.

Chicago, Illinois
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

Hi Everybody,

Thanks to everyone for the additional insight. All good information.

I kinda figured they were similar in design and appearance, but I didn't realize they were so "inter-connected". I actually like that.

So...I have one follow-up question. Some of the reviews for BC reference the "dated" rooms. Is that a fair assessment? And can I assume the YC has the same age and condition of the rooms?

I guess all other things being equal, I'd rather go with the resort that has better rooms.

Thanks again!

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

Hi again~~~~~in my opinon..they are not dated.

In fact..some of them are updated. I usually stay at the villas these days,but my last Beach Club room in 2010 was updated. (flat screen TV,different shower curtain..LOL) ;+))

The rooms are very pretty.Lots of white and blue.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

If a full balcony is important to you-many rooms at the Beach Club have none or only a teensy SRO balcony. I believe all of the rooms at Yacht Club have full balconies.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 17:43
Chicago, Illinois
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

Thanks so much! OK then, Beach Club it is! We've got 2 little ones in our family, so that sounds like the right place for us.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

In general, none of the disney hotels have really modern type rooms that you would find in vegas. But these are some of the better ones, but do not expect a 4 seasons type room

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,540 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Beach Club Resort versus Yacht Club Resort

Beach Club room/resort photos: allears.net/acc/g_bc.htm

Yacht Club room/resort photos: allears.net/acc/g_yc.htm

Enjoy!