We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Villa in Orlando?

Hampshire
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Villa in Orlando?

Hi, we are looking to travel to Orlando next Christmas and want to stay in a villa to visit the parks. However, we are totally confused on which area to stay?!! Which areas are best to stay and how far away are they from Disney and Univeral? Are some areas closer and easier to travel in from. We have been looking at Lindfields (in the Virgin brochure). This is our first time and any advise would be much appreciated!! Thanks.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
belfast
Level Contributor
493 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

windsor palms or windsor hills, are very close to disney. I can only tell you about windsor palms as i stayed their last year and we are going back there again 7th july can;t wait. anyway if you read through some other posts you could get some info on windsor hills try cakeladys reviews sounds very good.www.villa.us- is for windsor palms, direct to the owner they are very nice people hope this helps.

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

Lindfield was one of first housing area in the Disney area and the houses are some of the oldest rentals. This is not to say that they are not nice but I prefer to rent newer houses when I rent. Lindfield is about 4 miles from Disney property on the Western end of 192. Look for rentals off of 192 west of Disney they will be the closest.

Berkshire
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

Hi

Just got back from Orlando today. Can't wait to go back as flew into rain.

We stayed just off the 192 on the US27 which is still only 20 mins from Disney and they have just finished a short cut the 419 which makes the journey even shorter.

We stayed at Westridge a gated community which is much quieter than the villas on the busy 192 which has lots of building work going on. Villa is right near a Publix and mins from Walmart and nice restaurants.

Web site for villa is www.jcholidays.co.uk

4 bed villa with 2 master suites. Very clean and comfortable.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

Hello,

I just stayed at Terra Verde. It is in a great location. Only 5 miles to Disney and 15 minutes from Sea World and Univ. 2 minutes from 192 with all of the restaurants and shopping. Great clubhouse also.

Try this website by some of the owners where you can book direct. This is a newer community built in 2004.

www.terra-verde-villas.com

New Orleans...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

I have also stayed at the Wyndham Palms. It is nice and quite. You get a lot for what you pay for. The Palms are closer to Disney than Sea World or Universal. Also, the Old Key West Villas on the property are great as well. We are heading out on Monday to stay their for our second time. If you fly you can get your groceries delivered to you.

Another good condo is Fairfield Star Island Resort. There is a lot do on property. They are very close to a Wal Mart SuperCenter and you will be in the gates of Disney in 5 minutes.

Good luck.

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

I always stay on 27 just south of 192 in Lake Davenport Estates . Handy for the parks and shopping .I wouldn't worry over the area -they are all good but instead concentrate on the villa and what it offers your family and whether it suits your needs.

Obviously some areas are closer than others but most are within 20 mins drive and the closer yopu are the more it cost as a rule so you take your pick.

UK
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

Windsor Hills has some great reviews on TA - and it is really close to Disney.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

We stayed in Lindfields in 2004. Thought it was great. Some of the homes are immaculately kept, some less so. But overall, it is a terrific area and very convenient to the Disney parks.

Oxford UK
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

Hi Max,

I always stay off the 27 near 192, in Hampton Lakes, check out this website for villas

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

Have fun

Scituate, MA
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Villa in Orlando?

We just stayed in Davenport May 8-15, 2006 at the Regal palms Resort. the price was fabulous, villa was spacious and clean, the pool was great, but we all felt it was too far from Disney. It took us 15 to 25 minutes from our villa to the Disney parking lot.

My advice - stay on site at Disney to get the most from your park tickets - which are expensive !!