We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting Flights...!!!!!

london
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting Flights...!!!!!

I have just had an e-mail to say that my connecting flight from Newark - Orlando has been bought forward half n hour earlier......It now leaves us just 1Hour to get from our flight from Heathrow and onto the Connecting Flight......Is this Going to be Enough time as this is the first time i have done a Connecting Flight Before....!!!!!!

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
476 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
188 reviews
from US$128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
130 reviews
from US$118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from US$51.99*
US$87.87
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

Depends. Did you book directly with the airline on 1 single booking? Presuming you are on United, in which case Newark is not as busy as JFK but the minimum connection times are usually around 90 minutes so to clear immigration and get to the next flight will be tight. Can you contact the airline (if you booked direct with them) and see if there is a later flight?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,445 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

I would be a little concerned and try to rebook one of those flights just to make the whole journey less stressful. After all, there is no guarantee that your trans-Atlantic flight will even arrive on time.

london
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

I Booked through Travel Republic but we are on United Airlines on All the connecting flights.....We only had 90 Mins before they changed it..!!!!!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

I would get onto Travel Republic and turn down the amendment, say that the United website states 90 minute connection is the minimum. 60 mins is too tight, you have to be at your next departure gate 15 mins before departure, so leaves you 45mins to get through Immigration and off to your next flight.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,716 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

I would think, it could be enough time but only if you get in early. To be safe, I would allow 90 mins to 2 hours to clear immigration, customs and get to a domestic gate.

Speak to the agent that booked for you and say it isn't enough time.

If you missed it, they would have to put you on the next available flight, but that could be next day.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

https:/…default.aspx

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

It doesnt seem like a lot of time to me.. Im flying with United in May and my stopover time in Newark is 2hrs45mins , though they also keep changing my times also which is a pain!

london
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

Thanks Guys....Clubworldfan many thanks........That states 60 mins is OK, but if the flight is delayed from Heathrow then what Happens..????????

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

I would speak to your agent (Travel Republic) and ask them to put you on the later flight. that is safer than missing your connection and waiting for the next available, which as Amanx says could be next day.

When is your flight? We had lots of changes last October to our Continental/United flights from Newark to Orlando and it was a real pain. We ended up with it moving back to close to what we originally had booked by the time we left but we were staying in Newark overnight so not quite so crucial.

If you really want to change now is the time to do it.

london
Level Contributor
89 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Connecting Flights...!!!!!

We fly out on the 28th July.......!!!!!!!!!